The simple pleasures

by bigwilly 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Hey Big Willy,

Nice to hear what's up with you and appreciating the small things in life is, as best as I can figure, really what makes life worth living! Sorry to hear about your unfortunate purring incident, though it does sound sort of kinky. Congrats on the weight loss. I just love to take long walks and lately life has gotten too hectic for that. Gotta get back on that track. Glad you are done unpacking - hate moving so much! - and your outlook on things and life is so positive, it's simply inspiring.

Keep it real.

goodgirlbadgirl

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Thanks GGBG

I have to admit that the weight loss is only possible due to my iPod, the Hawthorne District of Portland and the new longboard. Living in the suburbs for a few years made me an almost entirely sedintary creature. Now that I live in Portland proper I can take full advantage of the city to make my lifestyle much more active.

Sorry to hear things are hectic for you and I hope you can get back to the activities that make you happy and healthy. I will make sure to look you and OFG up when I get off my azz and get to Cali

Edited to add: I had a conversation with one of my friends the other day regarding the skating. We both reached the conclusion that for me exercise has to be "accidental". ie I can't exercise for exercise sake, gyms don't work for me and I'm not driven enuf to stay on task. Give me a fun recreational activity that may leave me tired and sweaty and I'm all over it!

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Thanks GGBG

I have to admit that the weight loss is only possible due to my iPod, the Hawthorne District of Portland and the new longboard. Living in the suburbs for a few years made me an almost entirely sedintary creature. Now that I live in Portland proper I can take full advantage of the city to make my lifestyle much more active.

Sorry to hear things are hectic for you and I hope you can get back to the activities that make you happy and healthy. I will make sure to look you and OFG up when I get off my azz and get to Cali

Edited to add: I had a conversation with one of my friends the other day regarding the skating. We both reached the conclusion that for me exercise has to be "accidental". ie I can't exercise for exercise sake, gyms don't work for me and I'm not driven enuf to stay on task. Give me a fun recreational activity that may leave me tired and sweaty and I'm all over it!

I myself finally just got an mp3 player and I am PSYCHED. I know what you mean about Suburbia; that does NOT help matters at all.

It's a nice revelation about how you feel about exercise and might just be my problem too. I hate the gym and I hate the narcissistic feeling of working out just for the sake of working out. I think exercise is a really great thing though and I don't judge others for being able to do what I cannot. So maybe you are on to something, BW, and that's why I'm happiest when I'm out riding my bicycle or walking the countryside just for the sake of doing it, and then enjoying the benefits.

Then again, I think inertia has something to do with all of this because when I'm on a roll with weights and formal workouts I LOVE IT. Oy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit