Lurking Believing JW's - READ then ANSWER

by KW13 19 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

I agree with this being one of the best scriptures, my mum didnt like it one bit and tried to worm her way out of it until it just got stupid and i laughed, she went childish and said 'well if you think they are false prophets there is nothing left to discuss is there and by the way i find it really offensive'. - oompa lol, i know i know...

• CHILD
    CHILD

I believe the newst info is the Society does not claim to be a prophet.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

The may not claim to be prophets, but you'd better act upon anything they say as if they were.

• Open mind
    Open mind

WT yet again tries (unsucessfully) to have it both ways.

WT: "We don't claim to be inspired." (But you better act like we are.)

WT: "We're not Prophets." (But when we do make predictions you still better act like we're God's prophet.)

Poop or get off the pot.

Open Mind

• cloudblue
    cloudblue

Yea, The Society is not claiming to be a prophet. I've also read the assertion that a fulfilled prophecy is best recognized after it has occurred, i.e. we know now that 1914 was a pivotal year, but before that time it was not exactly clear. I forgot where I read that one.

Even if denying being a prophet, it sure sounds like it to me. If some medium said, "In such and such year, this will happen. You had better prepare for it." It would sure sound like prophecy to me.

• cloudblue
    cloudblue

Where did you hear they did not claim to be inspired? I thought that the Governing Body asserted it was directed by the Holy Spirit to give food at the proper time.

• Gopher
    Gopher

"Jehovah's Witnesses are not infallible or inspired prophets." ---- WT 5/15/1976, p297

However, how often did we hear they are "spirit directed"? Even their second baptism question confirms this:

"Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization?"

So I ask -- what the HELL is the difference between "spirit-directed" and "inspired"? How can you be one and not the other?

• bebu
    bebu

"Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization?"

So I ask -- what the HELL is the difference between "spirit-directed" and "inspired"? How can you be one and not the other?

Gopher, that is the PERFECT response. THANKS for pointing this out.

bebu

• oompa
    oompa
    Gopher: So I ask -- what the HELL is the difference between "spirit-directed" and "inspired"? How can you be one and not the other?

They are like gas station attendants and traffic cops...sometimes spirit gives bad directions???....oompa

and I gotta see this again: 12-15-83 p1

The Bible makes it clear that manipulating God’s Word to make it say something it is not saying leads to his adverse judgment. In the extreme case of the false prophets in Israel who "changed the words of the living God," they paid with their lives.—Jeremiah 23:16-22, 29-32, 36; Deuteronomy 12:32; 18:20;

yep it is still funny as hell! LMAO

• cloudblue
    cloudblue

Yea Gopher, that's what I was trying to say, but I think you said it better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit