Lurking Believing JW's - READ then ANSWER

by KW13 19 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

Deuteronomy 18:20-22 20 But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded him to say, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, must be put to death." 21 You may say to yourselves, "How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the LORD ?" 22 If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him. ----------- Surely then the Watchtower Bible Tract Society are a false Prophet by the Bible's Standards? For example inside the Proclaimers book they mention the return of the Prophets (Abraham, Issac and Jacob) in 1925. Did this happen? No. Originally the Watchtower Society claimed Jesus was ruling in Heaven invisibly in the late 1800's, this is in their own literature...was this correct? NO!

• sf
    sf

Lurkers. True, silent lurkers will not reply.

sKally

• journey-on
    journey-on

That's a good scripture to have memorized when they throw the one about the "light getting brighter and brighter" in your face.

• changeling
    changeling

I'll keep my eye on this thread to see if any lurker newbies pop in. I won't hold my breath though.

Nice try KW13!

How's Noah and Megan?

changeling

• KW13
    KW13

I agree this is a good scripture, perhaps too good lol. Noah & Mother both doing well, Pictures sometime soon!

• *summer*
    *summer*

Even if no lurkers reply...a seed has been planted*

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Hey KW13,

That scripture from Deut is now my all time favorite scripture, knocking off Psalm 83:18 as the #1 ranked scripture of all time.

It was one of the scriptures that lead to my awakening....

ANY JW with a working brain, cannot read that scripture and at some level, have a spark go off in their head....

all it takes is a spark...

to muster the courage

to insert the wedge of curiosity

to apply the hammer of research

to swing the crowbar of independent thinking...

Then maybe a cold shower to wash away the rationalizations and the excuses

hit the internet and visit a few websites

sprinkle in some old fashioned meditation

and voila

FREE-DOM!

And what a wonderful place to be...

The Oracle

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

It pretty much seals the coffin on the Brooklyn Leaders. I believe God gives insight on what happens to anyone following the false prophets as well.

Interesting Note: Is there anywhere this fate is reversed???

Interesting Advice: RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN, seriously.

• carla
    carla

I'll give you the answer the elder gave me when I tried to use Duet on him, 'the wt did not say 'thus sayeth the Lord' therefore they are not false prophets'. In pointing out the many, many times they did say it came from God he maintained that because they didn't use the words 'thus sayeth' they were not false prophets.

• oompa
    oompa

This scripture has only been mentioned 44 times since 1950 in the Watchtower.......oompa

Here is a good CYA!!!!

There are some who make spectacular predictions of the world’s end to grab attention and a following, but others are sincerely convinced that their proclamations are true. They are voicing expectations based on their own interpretation of some scripture text or physical event. They do not claim that their predictions are direct revelations from Jehovah and that in this sense they are prophesying in Jehovah’s name. Hence, in such cases, when their words do not come true, they should not be viewed as false prophets such as those warned against at Deuteronomy 18:20-22. In their human fallibility, they misinterpreted matters. 3-22 93 awake p. 3-4

it2 694-698 -------and we have step by step guidelines---most of the wt stuff is just these 1-2-3 over and over again

The three essentials for establishing the credentials of a true prophet, as given through Moses, were: The true prophet would speak in Jehovah’s name; the things foretold would come to pass (De 18:20-22); and his prophesying must promote true worship, being in harmony with God’s revealed word and commandments (De 13:1-4).

OMG-- ROFLMAO!!!! oh it hurts somebody stop me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 12-15-83 p1

The Bible makes it clear that manipulating God’s Word to make it say something it is not saying leads to his adverse judgment. In the extreme case of the false prophets in Israel who "changed the words of the living God," they paid with their lives.—Jeremiah 23:16-22, 29-32, 36; Deuteronomy 12:32; 18:20;

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit