The doorbell just rang, AND...

by *summer* 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

The doorbell just rang, AND... it was some kids trying to get early Haloween candy. I gave them back issues of the watchtower instead. Hey, it was the scariest thing I can think of.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I know it is not really a thread subject.

Actually, there have been a number of threads on this subject. and on the feelings of placing the order. and reading the first few pages. etc.

For someone coming out of the WTS, it's a true act of courage. For you, it will be very interesting and you will be able to clearly see where you *could* have been heading and why it's sooo good that you paused to consider your next steps.

Congrats!!

btw - I don't think I got past page 50. Didn't need to. I had a clear enough picture to make my final determination about the org. Best $40 I've ever spent. (ISOCF came at the same time and I gave it to my dad - former elder.)

-Denise.

• *summer*
    *summer*

megsmomma: yes indeed...when i did the research on that book, i recall reading that i will never look at JWs the same way again.

free2think & drew sagan: thank you...i am sure i will enjoy my reading!

tribalgirl: just like you, i learned about that book only when i joined this forum. looks like we have both been sheltered. but there is hope:-)

emy the infidel: looks like this book made you very emotional. but "flood of memories" are good. i see it as part of healing.

JK666: yes, i bet i will be done in 2 days. knowing me...perhaps less:-)

Gopher & BizzyBee: you made me smile:-) good thing i did not get carried away and pepper sprayed then slammed the door on the postman!

Dorktacular: nah...back issues of the watchtower are used in the birdcage:-)

AudeSapere: yes...i will be able to see where i "could" have been heading. after all i read so far on this forum, i am so grateful that i was able to start researching on this cult before they really get a solid hold of me.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I believe that is the best money you have spent. I only wish I would have had that book while I was studying to be a Witless. It would have saved me almost 20 years of time spent on that cult.

At least you will not be joining a cult that is going to usurp your free time. The pressure to pioneer (putting in full time hours in field circus) is not fun. You get stuck going to meetings and a$$emblies when you would rather be doing something else. They are sticklers for what kind of music and videos you listen to or watch. And, once you get baptized, it all goes down the toilet. All for a religion that has double standards. The decision to research before committing is always wise, no matter what religion you choose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit