Who really wrote the bible

by jacethespace 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    Actually the bible is so old that it has three documents written before the flood of noahs day four thousand years ago.The first document is gods dictation to adam of the basic facts of the earths creation.The second document called the book of adams history [ gen 5:1] was written by adam himself and was carried in the ark through the flood by faithfull noah

Interestingly, a scroll found at Qumran proves this. It is a short text, known only to the inner circles of the academic community, called "Adams checklist". The text reads:

- Invent pen, paper and not to mention, letters and punctutation (check)

- Name the animals (check, finally)

- File complaint to God for missing rib (check)

- That longhaired chick running around here, find out her name and why she`s spending so much time over at the tree with the snake (check, ahh, I`d take my rib back anyday)

- We`re being kicked out of here, ahhh, Eve, I`m gonna f##king kill you for this!

(my own translation)

• dawg
    dawg

As far as the flood goes... Moses stole that crap... the Sumerians has an acount of the flood almost word for word the same as the so called bible.... "the epic of Gilgamesh" I think it's called.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

The elaborate book of lies and pretense, authored through the eyes of ignorance

Well it still brings in the power and the money so I guess it still has it's usefulness

• the sage
    the sage

A very probable logical answer, and in harmony with scripture, is the tablet theory uncovered by Air Commodore P.J. Wiseman in his work, Ancient Records and the Structure of Genesis.

http://www.trueorigin.org/tablet.asp

The Sage!

• the sage
    the sage

A very probable logical answer, and in harmony with scripture, is the tablet theory uncovered by Air Commodore P.J. Wiseman in his work, Ancient Records and the Structure of Genesis.

http://www.trueorigin.org/tablet.asp

The Sage!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Gen 36:31 And these [are] the kings that reigned in the land of Edom, before there reigned any king over the children of Israel.

Thanks Nark. Wow. The author of Genesis knew that Israel was ruled by kings at some stage, so can not have been written (in its final form) by Moses or anyone close in time to him.

• Carl_Hernz
    Carl_Hernz

That is a very significant point. In fact, things like this were apparently known in apostolic times.

Historically, as can be seen in the writings of the early Christians prior to the 6th century, the Church saw these texts as allegorical. For the first four centuries of the early congregation, the Christians rejected a literal exegesis, and their hermeneutics of the Hebrew Scriptures were divided into three levels: the historical meaning of the text (if any), the allegorical (or spiritual) meaning, and the moral lesson. Literalism in exegesis did not begin to develop until the Renaissance and the Reformation.

Moden scholarship sees the editing process of compilation of the texts of the Pentateuch as consisting of four possible sources:

J--the Yahwist sources, written in the 10th or 9th century BCE

E--the Elohist sources, written after 900 BCE

P--the Preistly sources, from the 8th and 7th century BCE (but some possibly as early as the 6th)

D--the Deuteronomist sources, from the 8th and 7th century BCE

While it is nothing new that Christianity doesn't believe that Moses is the literal author of the books, I personally find it puzzling that some are not only unaware of this (treating it as new information) or can be violently opposed to something that is easy to trace and see or get from a basic college history course or visit to Wikipedia.

• 5go
    5go

I find quite intresting that most bible writers wrote their books in the third person. The most obivious being Moses.

While it is nothing new that Christianity doesn't believe that Moses is the literal author of the books, I personally find it puzzling that some are not only unaware of this (treating it as new information) or can be violently opposed to something that is easy to trace and see or get from a basic college history course or visit to Wikipedia.

Or just reading the bible ones self.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

It is not only important to see who actually wrote the bible but to understand that the Pope is the one who decided what scrolls were IN (i.e. the canon, what is considered to be the TRUE word of (G)od today) and which scrolls were NOT going to be part of the bible... i.e. that which became instantaneously heretical.

Funny, that.

• 5go
    5go
    It is not only important to see who actually wrote the bible but to understand that the Pope is the one who decided what scrolls were IN (i.e. the canon, what is considered to be the TRUE word of (G)od today) and which scrolls were NOT going to be part of the bible... i.e. that which became instantaneously heretical.

Funny, that.

Yeah there was some good ones and they were left out because they either didn't support the catholic view of christ or could be easily changed to support that view. Mainly in regards to the trinity concept.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit