JW's Banned In Tajikistan...

by brinjen 21 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    I wish governments would NOT ban the JW's. They always seem to thrive when under 'persecution'.
    There is a better way. Rather than banning the Witlesses which just forces them underground, they should educate the public. Having public service announcements about the tricks the Watchtower Society uses to defraud and scam would bring their recruitment rates down to zero.

Tajikstan, you fools! That'll just make more of them pop up.

I so wish they'd just register on the forum first if they wanted some tips.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

I am not in favor of any government banning any religion. Once the first one is banned others are in danger of also being banned until freedom of religion will be a thilng of the past. The best way to handle the witnesses is to point out their past history and current idiotic rules. Bug

• Dansk
    Dansk
    I am not in favor of any government banning any religion.

Neither am I. I'm just in favour of them banning cults!

Great to see you posting again, Bug!

Ian

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Big deal. Everything's banned in every "-stan".

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I like the banning, but I like WT Wizard's idea even more.

The cons of banning---will heighten their persecution complex

The pro's of banning---School age JW children would have more leverage.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I also am strongly against banning any religion. I don't care if you believe JW's are a cult or not, they should have every right to indoctrinate as much as the Muslims do.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Well since Islam is every bit as destructive as JW's, then yeah it is kinda like the pot calling the kettle black.

• blondie
    blondie

2 Baptist groups were banned as well.

• Gander
    Gander

Beyond what the Establishment says, anyone that requires toddlers to be spending their whole days out in field circus or that regularly has children staying up past 10 PM on school nights is looking at blatant child abuse.

Oh please. Child abuse? Sitting at a meeting may not be loads of fun, though I try to make it as fun as possible for them (drawing and coloring, etc.), it certainly isn't child abuse. Unreasonable claims make a person look unreasonable.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Baptist groups as a whole dont shun their children, Baptists dont force their members to refuse life saving blood transfusions under the penalty and the lies of the GB.

Baptist groups dont force their kids to give up career goals and college.

Baptist groups dont keep thier kids from normal socialization and innocent dating of the opposite sex.

So yeah I can feel some empathy for the Baptist groups, My empathy towards the WT being banned is very minute.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit