What is the holy spirit? (according to JW)

by Scotty_was_taken 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I posted this a while back in a thread called 'is holy spirit gods version of dick cheney.'

Okay I know I'm going to hell for this...and a great many other things, but check it. Gods the president executive chief. Jesus is the secretary of state spreading good will all around. Doesn't it seem like the Borganization uses or refers to the Holy Spirit akin to The current Veep's function. Someone gets out of line within the party/Borg, sic Dick on them. In control of the Senant/writing dept. to make sure the right word gets out to the electorate/R&F. And is adament for torture to get what he wants. You not going to the meetings. Bam! threatned with removal of Holy spirit. Field service time not up to par. Boom! No Holy spirit for you. Have a differing opinion on something, did some extra research on your own. Wham! Holy spirit will take away your "privliges".

• Scotty_was_taken
    Scotty_was_taken
    I posted this a while back in a thread called 'is holy spirit gods version of dick cheney.'

Okay I know I'm going to hell for this...and a great many other things, but check it. Gods the president executive chief. Jesus is the secretary of state spreading good will all around. Doesn't it seem like the Borganization uses or refers to the Holy Spirit akin to The current Veep's function. Someone gets out of line within the party/Borg, sic Dick on them. In control of the Senant/writing dept. to make sure the right word gets out to the electorate/R&F. And is adament for torture to get what he wants. You not going to the meetings. Bam! threatned with removal of Holy spirit. Field service time not up to par. Boom! No Holy spirit for you. Have a differing opinion on something, did some extra research on your own. Wham! Holy spirit will take away your "privliges".

Query: Borganisation, Veep's function, 'Dick', Borg? also I don't have the faintest idea what that post was about. Please try to explain again?

• Gopher
    Gopher

I'll try to translate Darth's somewhat humorous comparison of the JW version of holy spirit with Dick Cheney.

Dick -- vice president of the USA (the bad guy in the current White House)

Veep = VP , or Vice President

Borganisation, Borg -- "Brooklyn organization" -- that's how we on this site often refer to the (evil) Watchtower Society, with headquarters at Brooklyn. Also like the "Borg" on Star Trek which assimilates all into one being, showing the way that being a JW takes away your individuality and makes you subservient to the organization.

The WTS doesn't teach the Trinity , but rather three separate entities: God, Jesus and Holy Spirit. The poster, Darth, compared God to the president, Jesus to the Secretary of State, And the holy spirit to our current VP Dick Cheney.

• Scotty_was_taken
    Scotty_was_taken

thank! yeah im a bit of a startrek fruit myself, but I didnt see the relation. Makes sense now

Forgive my ignorance of part of the first post. It outlined that most people here are Ex-JW's, which i missed the "ex" and though she meant 75 were JW's. so i was sorta speaking to the wrong crowd the whole time. Silly me. Again, sorry.

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester

I don't call it "holy spirit."

I call it human compassion, which moves me to care about other people and things different from myself, simply because they are alive like me and want to avoid suffering, like me.

• Scotty_was_taken
    Scotty_was_taken

I think compassion and the holy spirit are seperate things. For example Jesus had compassion on people, and was moved by it, but that didn't mean that the holy spirit was that compassion.

Im sure what i think of as the holy spirit and what you think of as compassion are 2 completely different things.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    i dont believe any denominations are 100% correct. They just seperate people who love God. I'm sure there are people who are JW and people who are other denoms that are on the right path to Christ.

The JWs are a cult, not just an "other denom".

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester

At first, I thought you'd typed "other demons," Scotty!

I just realized you were asking for the JW tack, anyway.

Mine is an atheist tack. Sorry!

• poppers
    poppers

So scotty, what of people of religions other than Christianity or no religion at all? What accounts for their healing?

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    Can Satan do healing? I'm a little fuzzy on what exactly JW's teach on that, since I don't remember them saying much about it.

Yes, they believe that he can do anything except bring the dead back to life. They believe "healing" and "miracles" is from Satan, to lead people astray, by making it seem like it`s from God. On the other hand, they`re a bit confused on this: On the one hand, they believe the age of healing (which is miracolous) ended with the apostles, on the other hand, they don`t see any problem with praying to God for a cure if they get terminally ill or whatever (and of course, if he helped them out, that would be "healing", and miracolous). So I don`t think they really know what they believe themselves, on this issue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit