Mums gone; and I did something bad

by shell69 15 Replies latest jw friends

• shell69
    shell69

I'm not proud of this. I went to my dads grave, bearing in mind that I am the only one in the family that ever places flowers on it. Mum had visited and put a bunch of silk roses on it.. I saw red. for two reasons. Firstly, they were fake flowers! Secondly, She visited the grave of a man long dead but couldn't be arsed to visit here daughter and grandchildren to say goodbye.

I removed them. I know it was the wrong thing to do, really I do, and I'm regretting it already.

I'll go back this weekend and put some real ones on.

And before any of you suggest that I take back the silk ones, I can't, they no longer exist.

It was the wrong thing to do. I know.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

It's ok shell...You are human, and what else can you do with your anger? Don't let it make you feel bad....that's the last thing you need.I would do the same thing.

• changeling
    changeling

I want to thank you in your Dad's behalf.

If anyone puts fake flowers on my grave I'll haunt them forever!

changeling

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

You could get some silk ones to replace the ones you took away - as similar as you can find.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I wouldve probably done the same to be honest.

Only the good feel guilty though!

G /|\

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

It's alright.

Sounds like you learned something about yourself.

That's always a good thing.

Don't do too much of this...

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I ought to explain why I made my previous suggestion.

It would have been my mum's birthday a couple of months ago, one of my brothers took some silk flowers to my mums memorial plate to commemorate that - they were stolen within 3 days of being placed and he was visibly upset by it.

Since you don't yet know where your mum's gone, it's possible she may go back to visit the grave. You know you did wrong, that's good, my idea is maybe a way to make some amends

peace

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

It's not as bad as what I'd do to my mother's grave when she finally goes.

• shell69
    shell69

AND

I put black masking tape accros the bottom of his headstone where my mum had engraved

'safe in jehovah's memory'

Masking tape will come off though Just didn't want the jehovah thing shoving down my throat any more.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Shell - don't beat yourself up - that's not bad at all, you just feel that because it's emotive

Re the masking tape - maybe try pollyfiller?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit