To my friends that are not in the US: Do you get this kind of propaganda?

by CaptainSchmideo 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester

The most patriotic thing one can do is stand up and fight injustice and lies. Criticizing a lying and unjust government that is supposedly democratic - that's patriotism at its core.

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

It's not that I am necessarily a supporter of Mr Bush, it's just that I am not necessarily opposed to him either. On some things, I like what he's doing, on a lot of others, not so much.

I think you have to look at a mindset and see where it leads, and I think the bash America mindset (which I'm not saying about you, Dawg) leads to a lack of hope and progress. Bush derangement syndrom is much the same, he won, he is president, he's not on the next ballot, get over it.

I tend to think the American Dream is alive and well, and it has worked well for me. If you aren't American, then pursue the dream wherever you happen to be, and more power to ya. If that's impossible, come here and have a piece of ours, but do it legally!

If I had to wake up every day thinking we have no rights left and there's no opportunity or any of that other negative crappy stuff, I'd still be on public assistance and broke.

Life is what you make of it wherever you are, and if you can like where you are, glad for you, but don't rip on me for liking where I live, cuz I don't have to justify myself to anybody or make apologies either.

RD

• mathilde
    mathilde

Here in Denmark they have the national flag all over the place-all over the supermarkeds,on the bithdaycakes,in the xmas tree on the door to the shoe shop-everywhere you look you see the flag.

You can buy little flags to put on the dinner table (flag pole made of silver)

Slogans like:buy Danish,that´s good! Danish apples the best in the world! Danish beer the best in the world- and the list goes on and on.

When I just came to this country it drove me crazy-now, I just pretend not to see it-but my dinner table,birthdaycake and xmas tree will never have the Danish flag on it.(or any other flag for that matter)

Mathilde

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

I agree with Jourles.....People should be able to look objectively at their government, their country, etc....Isn't that what being American is all about? Having the freedom to not salute the flag if you don't want to, or to be able to criticize the governement without being imprisoned or "disappering". Just because you criticize an aspect of the way things are handled doesn't mean that you are an ingrate or you hate the country. But you have to admit that their is a manipulating factor in the media that portrays the U.S. as the best country in the world. The most powerful. The best economic system, etc....Which in some instances is not correct. I believe China right now is more stable economically than the U.S. As with everything, one must investigate and look at the facts..Not just what is being fed to you on t.v.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

What is being fed to us on TV is that America is a bad country and our values are to be forgotten.

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

On the news??? And american values have been forgotten. It happened a while ago and it's happening all over the world, not just the States.

• brinjen
    brinjen

The patriot debate does pop up here from time to time. Especially after the Cronulla riots where many were seen with the Australian flag wrapped around them like it's a cape while at the same time beating the crap out of someone because they're not white and christian. Fuelled on by a hate speech delivered by radio announcer Alan Jones, (with comments such as "white men don't rape") many justified their actions as patriotic, they were "taking back the beaches of Cronulla".

I also think a lot confuse anti-bush with anti-american. Hating a country and having issues with the leader are two entirely different matters.

• freetosee
    freetosee

4digit,

I look at the beginning of your movie -it is very interesting... will continue watching it later..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit