Took this picture Sat. morning on my Property....Hope yall can see it.

by oppgirl63 24 Replies latest jw friends

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Gorgeous! I love the autumn. I hope everyone is careful driving. We have them all over W. Washington. There was one walking between my kids school and Pierce College a few weeks ago before I moved up here. We were always dodging them on Mcchord AFB. We still get excited to see them though, every time its a treat.

I don't look at them like dinner. We lived on venison when I was a kid and I could never get past the fact that I went hunting with my dad and saw that seasons deer shot. Put me off venison permanently at the age of 5. I am not opposed to hunting on principle, and I eat meat. I know its illogical, but I'm logical about most everything else--I can lose my Mr. Spock thing on this subject.

• delilah
    delilah

The deer are so beautiful. Last year, there was a photo of a young albino deer in my local newspaper, and I'm sure every hunter in the area was out looking for it. She was gorgeous.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

There are now Elk in Eastern Kentucky, they were reintroduced about 10 years ago, now they number about 6,000 and are spread out over many counties. There was this Elk that hung around the railroad tracks, he was nicknamed Barney. They finally had to call animal control and have him relocated up into the hills.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

• BrentR
    BrentR

We have a herd of 25-30 elk come through our place quite often but it's either too early or too late to get a good pic. I have some great video but it's analog and I have not got around to uploading it.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

I

am not opposed to hunting on principle, and I eat meat. I know its illogical, but I'm logical about most everything else

That is exactly how I feel JWdaughter. However here in the Texas Panhandle they are showing up in record numbers and becoming a hazard to rural traffic, so they probably need to be "thinned out." I let others do that dirty work. In my opinion they are too beautiful to shoot.

Illogical, yes, but that is the way it is and I'm not about to change. Bug

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit