New to this Site

by prodigal_son 26 Replies latest jw friends

• prodigal_son
    prodigal_son

Hello everyone! I have been a disfellowshiped JoHo (what I call Jehovah's Witnesses now) for 7 years and I still find It hard every single day! I have just recently reunited with 2 of my 4 sisters who have taken a stand just like myself! I encourage anyone who is struggling with the decisoin to leave or not to leave, but beleive me and the countless others, It was the best decision of my life!!! I would love to help anyone that just wants to talk! I have been through alot and would love to share that with some of you! When I was in the "truth" I was a baptized minister in the Lakeview congregation in Guelph, Ontario, Canada. If anyone has put it together who I am and you wanna talk then let me know cause I am looking for all of my old friends to see if anyone took a stand like me! But if your not my old friend that is okay too, I am looking to meet other ex JoHo's, or current standing JoHos that need a friend out there that is not in there congregation, but who knows what its like to have a shit life being in an organized cult. Anyway I am 24 years old and feel like I have been through it all! Thanks for reading and have a great day!

The Prodigal_Son

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
  • dawg
    dawg

Way to go bro... glad to have you

• Dansk
    Dansk

Your name's not Trevor is it? Damn, I must stop being so suspicious!

WELCOME!

Ian

• JK666
    JK666

Prodigal,

Welcome to JWD! A lot of us have gone through similar circumstances. Stick around and get to know us.

JK

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Welcome to the site! There is much to discover!

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

Welcome!

I am not your old firends, But I'll be one of your new ones.

Lets do the math.... 24, df'ed 7 years ago, at 17.

Baptized before that, when you could not POSSIBLY have been expected to know what you were getting yourself into.

I swear, there oughtta be an age of consent for joining cults.

They oughtta be prosecuted for Statutory Spiritual Rape.

Glad to see you free and here, new ones like yourself show up every few days, and most are sorely in need of advice and encouragement, glad you're here.

RD

• Gopher
    Gopher

Welcome aboard. I also am a prodigal son to my parents. But if I ever approached them they wouldn't throw me a feast. They'd say I deserved their cruel treatment.

But here, we'll throw you a feast!

Hey if you had joined just a little bit earlier, you could have been in the middle of a great big evil Toronto apostafest! Well maybe you'll get to go to another one later.

IN FACT -- there's one this Saturday. See this thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/19/144512/1.ashx

• south african beef
    south african beef

Great to have you post on this site.

Many of us have 'lost' our parents, siblings and 'friends' due to being d'fed, but I have to agree that leaving the JoHo's is really liberating.

All the best and welcome,

SAB

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

Welcome Prodigal Son,

So glad you are here. I would love to hear your story. We all need each other. We lost our son and his family in the Watchtower. If you need surrogate grandparents, we are here. We need to talk about our experiences and this is a good place to do it.

Here is our website: www.geocities.com/veliveleth

Love and hugs,

"Gramma" Velta

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit