I'm So Happy!! A NEVER Give Up Hope Story

by onesong 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• onesong
    onesong

Like most everyone here, I had a painful yet liberating exiting of the Org.

One of the most difficult parts was saying goodbye to a dear friend. He couldn't believe that I no longer was a "believer", and during our last conversation 3 years ago, he ran out in tears extremely upset. I told him that I would always love him and thought there was a good chance that that was the last time I'd ever talk to him.

However last week......He called me!!!!

He's been sort of fading and going thru a seperation with his wife and so kind of out in "no man's land". He needs friends and support which he's not getting or going to get from his family. So he's contacted some of us that have left.

When he called I couldn't believe I was actually talking to my old friend!! We had him over yesterday and it was like old times. He's got a rough road ahead of him but he's on the way out. We made plans to do some of the things we've always done together (hiking , concerts ect.) Can't wait!

I relate this story to all of you who are hurting and missing your friends and family. You truly never know what's going to happen.

Be patient, live your truth and don't give up hope!!!!!

• Dansk
    Dansk

When he called I couldn't believe I was actually talking to my old friend!! We had him over yesterday and it was like old times. He's got a rough road ahead of him but he's on the way out. We made plans to do some of the things we've always done together (hiking , concerts ect.) Can't wait!

I relate this story to all of you who are hurting and missing your friends and family. You truly never know what's going to happen.

Be patient, live your truth and don't give up hope!!!!!

So glad for you and such truth in the words above!

Ian

• dawg
    dawg

Onesong, I love stories like these... please keep us updated-I'm living off your happiness becsaue of your hope it gives me the same.

• anewme
    anewme

Yes, thankyou for the hope Onesong! The wait for friends and relatives can feel endless.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Wow that is wonderful...I think all of us hope that someone will call us also from our life in the borg.

Leslie

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

How great is that!? Thanks to accounts of such happy new-beginnings, I acknowledge almost every day a hope that one of my dear, old 'conditional friends' will step into the light and then contact me. Thanks for sharing!

-V

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester

Thanks for sharing that. I've been on the edge of giving up for a long time. It is good to hear such hopeful stories!

• onesong
    onesong

I've long dreamt of making a post like this just as I'm sure many of you have as well.

Dreams can come true!

I've always felt somewhere deep within in me that somehow, some way, this is all headed in a positive direction and now I'm just going to try and enjoy the ride and see how things unfold.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Onesong,

That is totally AWESOME!!! Thank you for sharing that with us..it gives us hope! I have learned to never say never. I myself was one who my family never thought they would see the day when I would leave. It took me two years, but I finally got brave enough to address my questions. For some its just a matter of time. I think with this whole generation thing changing AGAIN, we may see more experiences like yours. Awesome news! Look forward to maybe meeting your friend here one day!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Gopher
    Gopher

Onesong,

Great story and good for him! Would he be open to reading up on the real background of the WTS? Might we see him here someday?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit