just wonderin'

by bonnzo 5 Replies latest jw friends

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

how brother barely gettin' by on my janitorial/window cleaning business elder and pioneer feels about a giant book selling corporation requiring him to be at a week long business meeting at his own expense starting feb. 2008. quite the opposite from how this wicked 'ol world treats their employee's. or the hard working elder who has a family and one week vacation in 2008 to be spent at the lovely patterson resort in the dead of winter. glad i ain't one.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

What an attitude... you need an "adjustment".

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I'm thinking that the brother you describe believes he's on a mission from God and that gives him the strength to endure. It's funny how the mind and bullshxt work. I doubt that they consider that they work for a giant book selling corporation. But if they are bad and surf the net and end up here, then you just told them.

• is there help out there
    is there help out there

And do not forget that after the meeting they get to mike there cows and clean up the cow poo. The smart one say they are to sick from eating the great food they provid and spend the day up the road at Thunder Ridge ski area.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I'm thinking that the brother you describe believes he's on a mission from God and that gives him the strength to endure. .... I doubt that they consider that they work for a giant book selling corporation. ...

Yes, I agree. Even though they have to sit through long sessions, most elders consider it a grand
    privilege from the leaders. All that Holy Spirit pouring out of the walls upon them at Patterson. Whoopee.
    A self-employed window cleaner manages to feel important when he's an elder [and pioneer] in the congregation.
    He thinks he has people's everlasting lives in his hand- both worldly people in his territory and members
    of the congregation that listen to his talks.

There will be a few guys who resent being asked to go, and there is nothing in the all-volunteer organization
    that can make him go. Somehow, I bet that those guys will go, too. Maybe the C.O. will tell them about
    the hookers and blow available during the breaks. NO, seriously- there will be pressure for all to go.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

What I always wondered was how the hell that pioneers who worked about 4 hours a week could afford to go on vaca every year and I, working 40+ hours, never could. What's up w/ that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit