What is the worst thing you ever seen done on a Message board?

by free2beme 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I was on a message board ran by a band. This band has a small cult following so the fans are a bit rabid about information. If you said anything negative about the band your post would be deleted. If WE reported any news our post would be deleted and on the official site right after the post was deleted the "news" would be reported in a "you heard it hear first!" fashion. I said I liked the lead singers music but after meeting him in person felt he was a bit of an A-hole. I was banned from the message board. We ended up having the last laugh sometime later though. After creating our own message board for the band we were able to buy a CD off EBAY the band did everything in their power to stop from being leaked. We are in the works of getting another album the lead singer stopped from being leaked on the net. Take that jerk!

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Scientologist pretending to be anti-Scientology individuals, getting information about personal posters and stalking them and filing frivolous lawsuits against them!

CG

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Country Girl- That's AWFUL!

But, I've always sort of suspected that elders may hang out on this board, to get enough personal info on posters to turn them in to be disfellowshipped. That's why I'm always leary when someone seems a little too interested in specific info on a poster.

• Watkins
    Watkins

I was a member on a jw forum for a couple of years that started going too far 'apostate' for the owner of the site, though considered by the WT to be apostate & df'd himself. So he deleted everyone's accounts and made requirements for re-registering that you had to uphold the basic tenents of the wts, as in they ARE the true church and the f&ds/144,000 IS a sound doctrine(rofl). Myself and many others couldn't lie about that as it was VERY obvious we didn't agree, so we were unapologetically deleted ---shoved out, door locked. A few(not all) of the ones who did re-register there called the reformation a 'house cleaning', a 'sifting work'(as though that uncaring attitude and demeaning treatment of other lovers of God is condoned by Him), & referred to us displaced ones as 'refuse' and 'trash'. That was wrong and it hurt because I just don't think that way. I forgive easily and it's in the past. Now it's kind of humorous in a weird way - being disfellowshipped from an internet discussion board? Lol. Who'd have ever thought I was that bad? LoL.

Another thing was --- I 'met' someone on a different ex-JW board whom I thought was just a nice guy interested in deep Bible research. He always posed such thoughtful questions & seemed to have some insight. I was curious at a time & was still reeling from 'ttat' & frantically looking for THE right path. We had some nice online discussions. He said he had something really important to tell me, that would save me 3 years of study; some revolutionary wisdom he wanted to share, so I gave him my email addy. Come to find out, after exchanging a few letters, he was a recent Jewish convert. I guess he thought I was vulnerable & questioning everything, so he tried hard to undermine my faith & belief in Jesus. Freaked me right out when I got to understanding his intent all along. (of the 'throwing the baby out with the bathtub' analogy, to me- God is the tub, the holy spirit is the water, & the baby is Jesus. lol. I'm not throwing any of them out, just errant religion's doctrines!) I found a website that revealed the truth about what Jews think of Christians and Messianic Jews & asked him if that's what he thought - he told me I shouldn't have read it, but it was true. He was so sly & dishonest! After he fully admitted it, he became beligerant, hateful & ridiculing of all Christians to the point that I couldn't stand reading it anymore & told him to never ever write me again, I don't want anything to do with that. He didn't.

Trust is something special that can be broken with lies. That's what broke my trust in the wts. It's why I chose my avatar - which is too small to read unfortunately, but it says, "I only wanted you to tell me the truth". Truth is everything, when you can find it. If we keep digging we'll keep finding.

watkins

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit