The good old days and the "smart people" thread.

by wanderlustguy 18 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Warlock.....When you were a kid..You were so Ugly and Unpopular..Your mom had to tie a Pork Chop around your neck,just so the neighbour`s dog would play with you!.....LOL!!...OUTLAW

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

hey WLG

I think you moving out west made you alot smarter!!!

purps

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Well this old fart (dating back to before Simon's aka B.S. as opposed to BCE) rather enjoys the regular influx of 'kids'. I remember the days when .. hmmm I fergit now what I was gonna say.

It keeps the forum fresh. Us old folks can sit around in our rockers privately and complain and reminisce all we want but newbies and you youngins rock (cough cough hack hack)

Uzzah

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I guess I'm wondering how what was intended as a sincere attempt to understand how it must be for more senior posters to see people come and go and still remain open and welcoming to new posters was interpreted to be an insult.

The romanticization of the past is an undeniable part of human existence.

Isn't it normal and common for the new to be viewed negatively by the established in nearly all group settings?

Sometimes with disdain.

Sometimes with suspicion.

Most often with indifference.

I didn't say it's good or bad, warranted or unwarranted. It's just the way things are.

Why should it be any different on a discussion board?

What I meant to communicate, and apparently failed miserably at it, was that in my posting I've tried be aware of this and show extra respect and deference to more senior posters.

Some might even call it "asskissing". I prefer to see it as the respect one shows when a guest in another's home.

I'm genuinely sorry if my well-intentioned words were seen as an affront to people I have consistently shown respect to.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

This is the best forum I have been on. The people are really nice and genuinely supportive.

I havent been on loads of other forums, but, for instance, I sometimes go onto a teachers forum because the issues are relevant to me. But the teachers, who I would imagine to be supportive and helpful are more often bitchy and childish and I havent made friends with anyone else over the internet like I have on this forum.

And I can honestly say that as well as being nice people here, MOST of them actually exist too!!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    MOST of them actually exist too!!

That's usually a plus.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I had this situation happening that I contacted people that used to be on JWD by E-Mail and they would reply that they moved on and are no longer interested in the topic. I do not feel good about that because is like being dumped again.

• llbh
    llbh

I am new here and I enjoy it. I can say things without feeling threatened and remain as anonomous as I want to. I have questions that people have helped me answer.Most people seem polite and welcoming

It is also important for exjw's like us to get help and support as we could be dfed even for talking here, it we are not already

There is also a wide range of things coverd here.So I do not mind about the good old days or whatever we are here and now enjoying.

My 3 euros llbh

• Fleur
    Fleur

Uzzah,

I love ya man. Sincerely, I do.

*squishy hugs*

essie

p.s. ((((germanexjw)))))) hugs for you too cause that's a bad feeling. Just remember it's all about them and where they are in their life- there have been times I was going through things that were too difficult to talk about even to the people I love the most- let alone my friends here and so sadly I would leave an email unanswered, or answered halfway. It's not you, it is them. Maybe in time, they'll find a way back to a friendship- but sadly some folks can't separate their past as a jw from people they meet on these forums, which I think is really sad for everybody- even though somehow, it's understandable. Anyway. . .feel better and know that not everybody bails on their friends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit