I'm curious what the message in the Bible is to you?

by blueviceroy 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    If you are not prepared to remove the need for all help then the easment of suffering is the prolonging of suffering . That is no help of a real nature, and bramans are kind and generouse too, so are muslims. what is special about the bible?

Well if you put it that way then I don't see anything special.

• oompa
    oompa

I also like the message in it that allows men to slaughter gazillions in the Crusades.

I also like the message in it that allows WT slaves to shun galillions now.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

At the moment, I'm not certain if I believe in any particular religion because I just don't fit in any of them.

Since I was a child, I'd admired the life and times of Jesus. My first introduction to him was in a book titled "The King Nobody Wanted." As an adult, I've read the Book of John many times because it drives home that message of love. It was this Message that helped me turn my back on an unloving, hateful religious organization run by the Watchtower.

When JWs were treated badly by elders, I recalled Jesus' words about the Pharasees. When we were told to not speak to Disfellowshipped ones, I said I can't Imagine Jesus ignoring anybody! When I saw a sister sobbing in the ladies' room because she was told she couldn't wear Leg-Warmers in the Field Service, that was the last straw. I told her I'd learned to let what the elders say go in one ear and out the other it it wasn't Biblical. I got pulled into a Judicial Meeting for saying this and Disfellowshipped because I wasn't repentent. That's I believed the Bible's words yet I got the Boot and Labeled an Apostate.

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester

I see the bible as semi-historical, mythological entertainment with some weird acid trips thrown into it.

If I didn't have anything else available for kindling, it wouldn't hurt my feelings to use one for that purpose, since they are so ubiquitous; however, it bothers my conscience to waste a tree or a cow making a bible more than it would bother me to use the cow or tree to make a book of science.

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

I propose that the Bible is NOT the divine word of God but is in fact (for lack of a better term) the work of ,,, are you ready,, SATAN and his minions

Probably an idea advanced before by other men ..I believe the Bible was an attempt by men to do the best they could . Nothing more it is no more important than the meditations of marcus arralius or the brahmappada or mein kamph

The truth of a man is in his soul ,in his inner being , not in a book or system of beliefs, but you know whatever gets you through the night.

I once told my son that the bed I built for him would keep him safe at night because I loved him so much and that love was in my work. He believed it and slept well. It wasn't the truth but it helped. Now he's older and knows better.

WE are older as a species, isn't it time we learned a more profound truth that lies within each of us? We don't need daddy to tell us the bed is safe. we need the real story.

Look inside for the truth that is there all you have to do is stop and listen for it. Quit thinking so much and let your mind rest and see what has been there all along.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    I see the bible as semi-historical, mythological entertainment with some weird acid trips thrown into it.

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

I'm certain that many here are firm haters of religion , I'm not really hatin on it, belief of anykind fundamentaly points in the general direction of what is there ,sort of. But it hides entirely the clarity needed for a complete understanding that any human anywhere is capable of at any time.

This is the birth right we as a species is being robbed of daily by self delusion and fear of extinction. We spend all our lives running away from the truth we realize as children when we gaze in the mirror or stand in nature " I am me " that is a truth that will set you free. That is what Jesus was saying , because all his acts came from the certain knowledge of who he was.

All great and wise men say "know thyself" therein lies the answer you seek. Not one other person or ideology or system of beliefs can take the place of that truth. No amount of pain or suffering can erase it. It is the message

• changeling
    changeling

The Bible contains some good, sound advice on some matters.

It is gobbledegook about others.

It has some interesting historical accounts.

It has some innacuracies.

It's a complilation of books written by men.

It does not guide my life.

I am guided by kindness and common sense, these are not always manifested in the Bible.

changeling

• oompa
    oompa

Sorry to get off topic, but is it just me, or do I see a beautiful womens bottom in BlueViceRoy's avatar everytime I quickly scroll up and down this topics page? Is it subliminal???.....oompa

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester
    is it just me, or do I see a beautiful womens bottom in BlueViceRoy's avatar everytime I quickly scroll up and down this topics page?

only if she's one with a stick up her butt.

It does not guide my life.

I am guided by kindness and common sense, these are not always manifested in the Bible.

changeling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit