I'm curious what the message in the Bible is to you?

by blueviceroy 28 Replies latest jw friends

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

We all have our own understanding of the christian belief , but I was wondering what others interpret the stories as .

And if it isn't what guides your journey what does?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

The bible is a work of art like the Odyssey or Moby Dick.

There is a universal maxim that guides my life, though not necessarily from the bible.

Do Unto Others

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

It changes for me on a daily basis.

Today, I'm a bit soured on traditional religion.

So, to sum up my feelings today...

"In the beginning, Man created God in his own image."

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

The Bible is a collection of many books.

It is valuable for many reasons.

I do not, however, feel it is from a divine entity.

The fact that a human wrote that that's the case in its pages does nothing to convince me.

I feel it would be sad to see a Bible or any other book burned, destroyed, or otherwise disgraced.

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

For me it seems the message is there but it's so obscured by all the people that have touched it that it's incomphensible without understanding a great deal about life in general , Men take that group of stories and twist it into something its not . More real wisdom can be found in a A.A. meeting than in any christian church I'v been in

The message of who we are , where is that in church? More importantly the message of what we are is missing , and that is the key to power that relgions dangle over the heads of the cong.

We are living and we are here ,that is a truth ,and the real message that lies in that truth is lacking in religion theses days ,

Go back to the old wisdom ,to when people were in touch with creation, and there is no doubt they understood themselves .

Looking to what is available in religion now,,phoof,, it's a lot of crap worse than any supersticious shaman worshiping a log

The message in the Bible is lost under alot of garbage,much like any other religious document, any system of beliefs is fundamentally flawed from inception .

The only truth is the truth of you and me and what we are . Finding that truth , looking inside to understand and push all the world put in there away for a moment , and see the real under all the lies, that is the task each human must complete

Anyway ,I just wish we could all be free of what the world has become and just understand ourselves .

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

You can find God in the Bible but you can also find God in creation. Sometimes we put too much emphasis on the Bible and in trying to interpret every word and thought in it that we miss its message completely. We are not supposed to be able to understand all scripture and be able to quote by rote all of it either. Man makes things too complicated. Jesus came to sort thru everything and simplify the message for us.

So for me personally, the greatest message in the Bible is to follow the two greatest commandements that Jesus quoted; love God with your whole heart, mind and soul and love your nieghbor as yourself. IF I really love God, I will listen to him. And he wants me to love my nieghbors as myself. Our "nieghbors" include all of mankind. So I ask myself continually what am I doing to serve others who are in need in this world? My acting on Jesus words here is the ultimate expression of my faith in God and his word. And is sufficient beyond anything else I may feel I should do. For no man can decide what is righteous to do, only God can. Peace, Lilly

• oompa
    oompa

The only message I really see is that mankind sure does create a lot of pain and suffering, but then again, so does God. Pitiful humans generally create these problems in their quest for power, so why does God, since he has so much power that he needs nothing? I guess this leaves me seeing as there is indeed a great mystery about the Bible. The mystery is why anyone would ever need it.......oompa

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

I'm with you oompa that book has been misused and used to create more confusion than anything else I can think of .

How about , what good has theBible been used for ? Anyone got a REAL answer and not just some " Bible has done this and that for me " kind of answer but what has it really done to bring enlightenment to people .

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    How about , what good has theBible been used for ? Anyone got a REAL answer and not just some " Bible has done this and that for me " kind of answer but what has it really done to bring enlightenment to people .

I think it's the message of helping the poor and the sick. There is a lot of good charitable Christian organisation that help a lot of people.

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

If you are not prepaired to remove the need for all help then the easment of suffering is the prolonging of suffering . That is no help of a real nature, and bramans are kind and generouse too, so are muslims. what is special about the bible?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit