Subconjuctival bleeding

by BrentR 20 Replies latest watchtower medical

• John Doe
    John Doe

Subconjunctival bleeding? Isn't that what feminine hygiene products are for? ;-)

• BrentR
    BrentR

Quite possibly, maybe I will stick a Maxipad over my eye. At least the questions will be different.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

It happened to me a few months ago.

My optician told me that it would keep on happening now as there was a weak point in the blood vessels.

Can be caused by exertion such as vomiting or even sneezing hard.

However it has not happened since. It took about 10 days to clear up.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

make an eyepatch outta that maxi pad and you can be the dread pirate kotex

• jgnat
    jgnat

A word of warning on internet advice:

...maybe some aspirin...

Aspirin thins the blood and prevents clotting, so it would have the opposite from desired effect. I believe Scully, however, as she is a nurse.

• BrentR
    BrentR

Thanks for mentioning that. If someone actully posts that for a bleeding situation than it's likely someone else would actually try it.

Don't worry I did not put any ice on my eyeball either.

• bisous
    bisous

I get that occasionally, more frequently before getting prescriptive glasses. I had a lot of eye strain and headaches and after going to a medical doctor for bp checks, next went to an eye doctor. They didn't connect my eye strain and the bleeding, but once I obtained glasses my eyes were much better overall.

• Forscher
    Forscher

I used to get it in connection with Iritis every few months not all that long ago.

In my case the doctors finally decided that it is a manifestation of an autoimmune problem, likely linked to RA (which virtually every male and some of the females in my dad's family have problems with sometime during their lifetime.). In my case it is an extremely painful problem which has caused me to go into the darkest spot I can find in the house during the day (I go into the bathroom, turn out the light and close the door, get into the bathtub and draw the shower curtain).

As I wrote, the doctors finally figured out it was an autoimmune condition connected to RA, much like Sjögren's Syndrome. But different in that it attacks the eye at the iris instead of at the tear glands, as in Sjögren's. Since I went on suppression therapy, I've only had one attack over a year ago. You might want to ask your ophthalmologist if they've considered the possibility of autoimmune problem. Considering the repetitive nature of the attacks it might be. In that case, a rheumatologist might be a good one to consult with.

Forscher

• BrentR
    BrentR

That is interesting and thanks for letting me know.

• UU Now
    UU Now

I don't think ice will help. The blood needs to be resorbed, and I don't see how ice would speed that process.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit