Subconjuctival bleeding

by BrentR 20 Replies latest watchtower medical

• BrentR
    BrentR

I have this happen to my eye almost monthly and I was wondering if anyone else has dealt with this? I have read that docs usually don't treat it unless it's secondary to hypertension. My BP is very normal I am am not taking any anticoagulants. It looks really bad and freaks people out. I don't want to look like a drug abuser or fighter and that is what everyone assumes.

This is not my eye but it looks exactly like it.

Has anyone ever gotten treatment for this?

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

Wow maybe some aspirin or ice packs , have you sought out treatments at a real medical site?

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I've had that happen to me a couple of times - looks bad on a female lol! I just let it clear on its own, takes about a week - 10 days.

Have you had your eyes tested for increased pressure? I think that's a warning sign of glaucoma or diabetes?

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

well at least it would be cool for halloween

• BrentR
    BrentR

I had four surgeries in the other eye last june and both eyes were pressure tested. The injured one had a higher pressure but the other one (bloody one) was normal. It always clears up in 3-5 days but it looks really bad and I get tired of having to explain it to everyone that see's it. I have been tempted to get an eye patch and then nobody will ask any questions or make any assumptions.

Since I do alot of metal working I am sure it's from an old injury from metal fragments. I wear saftey glasses but that doesn't always keep every speck out.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

bro there you go.......... eye patches rock.

i know the feeling.. steel gets EVERYWHERE. at least when i was cutting it you knew when you got a dose, the smell of burning skin kinda gave it away lol

• Scully
    Scully

I had something like this happen a few months ago.

It was spontaneous. It had never happened before. I took a few pics just to track the changes, and it cleared up within a week.

It looked pretty horrible at the time, and it actually felt like I had something in my eye when it first happened - not painful - more like when your eye is weepy.

• BrentR
    BrentR

You probably noticed alot of people looking at you wierd or asking what happened. Then you tell them "nothing" and you can see the doubt on thier face.

Maybe next time I will just wear sunglasses for a few days.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

strap a big knife on and they prolly wont ask any questions lol

• BrentR
    BrentR

Since I have a few of them that is not a bad idea!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit