It seems I have my JW brother back

by MegaDude 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Megadude,

(((HUGS)))!!! My heart goes out to you, as I too have a JW brother who I have no relationship with. I only hope my patience will pay off one day as it has for you! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

This truly is astonishing, MegaDude! Congratulations! You have regained your brother!

From what you say it seems he is still a JW. I fear that he will have larger decisions to make in the near future, and that those decisions will be prompted by a Judicial Committee.

How lucky he will be when that time comes, for you will gently catch him and help him stand on his own two feet against the spiritual impostors who would run his life into the ground.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Awesome Megadude, I'm very happy for you and your brother!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Good news! I am glad you left the door open for him to walk through. At the same time, it seems as if he was never terribly convicted of the necessity of shunning you. It was a matter of time, and your time has come! I am so glad you were patient and loving. You might need to be in the future more so, if word gets back to the hall. Good luck!

Are you inviting him to thanksgiving or would that be pushing it?

• dawg
    dawg

Mega dude,

I'm so happy for you I can hardly type... I had a dream last night about my immedate family.... I ran into them in the dream and they wouldn't talk to me-just like they do now. I wish you the best man;I am truly happy to hear this news.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Many thanks for all your kind words and comments!!!!

My sister approached my JW brother privately and said, ok, what's the deal. I'm not going to let my kids be around you if you're going to be friendly one day and shun them the next. He told her he wasn't shunning any of us anymore. Further, he informed my uber-JW pioneer mother (who is so hardcore she claims to be one of the 144k) that he and his wife aren't shunning us anymore. It would be like my mother to report all this to the elders and instigate emergency shepherding calls and DFing threats but so far she hasn't. Maybe she feels like if she does that will push her last remaining JW child ALL the way out. We'll see.

Hopefully we can all sit down together and chomp down on some turkey in November. The Holy Grail will be getting together at Christmas. LOL. One step at a time.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Great. :)

Personally, leaving the dubs was the best thing to ever happen to my 'family'.
    The relationships are so much more "real" now.
    If only becuz noone bothers lyingly pretending they can stand one another anymore. :)

Sweet relief.

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

Megadude,

You are SO RIGHT that it has been pretty weird and not all up building in JWDland of late.

You wonderful news that with patience and decency, humanity and compassion CAN win out over arbitrary legalism and petty judgemental-ism.

I'm smilin' a big ol' roller smile right now for you and your family.

Your story is an inspiration to us all to hang in there and keep hope alive.

Thank you for sharing this refreshing tale of happiness,

RD

• bebu
    bebu

Wow, that is so excellent!!! I thank God to hear of this.

You didn't just get him quietly coming round, but making a huge commitment to you guys. What a powerful decision!

Big hats off to your brother. And big hats off to you for hanging in there so patiently!!

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit