Okay! I Can't Take It Anymore........

by journey-on 26 Replies latest jw friends

• journey-on
    journey-on

We've let our guard down since Terry's been gone. I'm ready to resurrect the infamous Spelling Post!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/138846/1.ashx

Hope ya'll don't think I'm being rude, but "Good God!! Why Are There So Many!"

• Satanus
    Satanus

If people can't spell half way decently, or if they make those super wide posts that can't be read, unless a person moves the page, i don't bother reading.

S

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Nah, that is not bad spelling in the "Trevorgate" thread, they are speaking Spanish. But then again, I don't know Spanish so it could be all wrong.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

From now on, it's just clean fun for me AND my spell checker.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Yes, I concuer. All these grammer eras are highly distracting and anoying.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

By the way folks I found an excellent spell checker for Internet explorer that I been using in this forum and others it's called IEspell. it's free and it works great

it installs a button on top of your tasks bar, just type your message and when finished hit the " abc " button and it will spell check everything for you.

As always I scanned It for spy-ware and it came up clean........here's a link so you can try it out yourself.......http://www.iespell.com/

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Since we're on the subject, I counted no less than 4 times in Don Cameron's book where he used the word "then" when he should have used "than." I have never seen this problem before. My high schoolers have no problem with it, they know the difference. Apparently Cameron spent so much money on his slick shiny cover that he skimped on having an editor, or at least a good editor scan his book. He did use "than" correctly once, but it appears that the man doesn't really know when to use one and when to use the other. So, this is for you Don:

Bigger THAN, more THAN, I'd rather have this one THAN that one etc.

Back THEN I was a teenager, well THEN, I'll just have to take my supper on the porch, I'll have the ham on rye THEN...

I hope this helps Don. Check out the book Elements of Style for more suggestions.

• hubert
    hubert

I kind of enjoy "looking" for spelling mistakes. I was pretty good at spelling, but lousy at math, history, and a lot of other subjects, so how can I say anything bad about people that are not good spellers, so I just enjoy a chuckle now and then when I see the mistakes...or is it misteaks?

Hubert

• Undecided
    Undecided

It's strange that I can't spell good myself but can recognize spelling errors in what others write. I can even see my own spelling errors but have to look up the word to spell it correctly. I think my brain is about to go bonkers.

Ken P.

• jgnat
    jgnat

My favorite this week is neighsayers.

alt

http://www.nndb.com/tv/733/000049586/

Rather than NAYsayers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit