A Call to my Priest

by Amazing 15 Replies latest jw friends

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Amazing,

That was a very poignant story. Thank you.

I have found I have much more respect and a non-judgemental attitude towards all now. I was raised a RC and have always had a lot of respect for priests, except for when a JW.

But now, I can feel respect for them again.

Pat

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Amazing,

Thanks for posting this. I really enjoyed it.

It demonstrates so well the difference I see in myself and many others since leaving the organization.
    No longer mentally judging everyone automatically and that hateful self-righteous attitude is fading away.
    I think we like ourselves so much better now.

Now I see that hateful past attitude in letters and emails from JW's to us here on the board and this just reinforces on me all the more that we did the right thing by getting out.

Ranchette

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Amazing,

A VERY uplifting post. THANKS. It reminds me of a story I think I read over at H2O a few years back. Seems a JW called the local priest to insist his name be removed from the parish rolls of baptised. Straight faced the priest replied, "I can, it's all in a central computer in the Vatican." I bet the look on the face of the prospective DUB was priceless.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi Amazing,

Like you,I like the feeling of doing some kind deed because it feels right to me, not because it involves some God, religion, or rule of man. Your story made me feel good also, and I can imagine how it helped you feel better. I sometimes have a selfish streak, but I will help others whenever I can. I pick up people sometimes when they need a ride, help if they are broke down on the road etc. but other times I am a litte self centered when I examine myself. I am trying to overcome this tendency. I was taken advantage of one night by someone who came to my door for help and I am more skeptical since.

Thanks,

Ken P.

• LDH
    LDH

Amazing, back in January I made a thread about apologizing to people we may have hurt while in the 'truth.' This brought back some good memories, I'll try to resurrect the thread.

What a wonderful story.

Lisa

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Hi Amazing,

Great post.

A couple of months ago I got in contact with some old, dear friends, who I had shunned when DF'ed.
    They were SO pleased to hear from me, in fact we're meeting up in a few weeks time.
    Healing is possible, but it requires effort.
    It's WORTH the effort!!!

LT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit