New to Board

by Happy_Apostate 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Happy_Apostate
    Happy_Apostate

Hi All, I'm new here. I visited the site a number of years ago. Just returned.

I'm a former JW. I disassociated myself in 1988 at the age of 18. My mother had divorced my non-believing father and hooked up with one of her JW pioneer sisters brothers and she ended up disfellowshipped. I saw it as an opporunity to flee the "truth" which I had wanted to do for a long time.

My family got "introduced" when I was about 10.

I harbor alot of dislike for JW's, the governing body, the local congregation, the elders, all of it. Maybe in time we'll go into that.

Anyway, just saying Hi.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Hello Happy_Apostate - welcome

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hello. Welcome, and when you're ready, tell your story.

Sylvia

• Honesty
    Honesty

Hello Happy_Apostate !!!

You'll meet lots of new friends here without the Love Bombing

• ferret
    ferret

Welcome aboard Happy_Apostate, hope you stay around and tell us the whole story.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Hello...live long and prosper.

• V1710
    V1710

welcome and enjoy the ride

• deaconbluez
    deaconbluez

Are you here to launch an elaborate hoax?

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Welcome to the board Happy Apostate.

I share your disdain for the organization as a whole, especially the leadership in Brooklyn.

I'd love to hear your story at some point.

Mine is an ongoing saga - as I am still "in", serving as an agent for real truth and battling the evil from the inside as an "apostate" elder.

Once again - WELCOME!

The Oracle

• Gopher
    Gopher

H.A.,

I'd like to say welcome to the board too. You're coming in at a rough time here. There have been a couple of really bad incidents where posters have acted very badly, including one who perpetrated a major fraud.

So we're a bit wary of people popping up without giving much detail today. Hopefully you'll understand that. I was wondering about a specific detail in your opening post where you said you were 18 when leaving the organization in 1988, but your profile indicates your birthdate was in the spring of 1971. So you couldn't have been 18 in 1988. Hope that's just a mistake!

Do tell us more about yourself after reading a bit more here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit