Peeps in South East of England??

by BigBloomerz 38 Replies latest members meetups

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I'm in the South East. If anyone's up for drink in the Milton Keynes/Northampton area just let me know.

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

I would love to hear your accent Mouthy. Love it how you Essex girls talk. Took one out on Sunday. Very appealing. Sorry that you miss home.

Good to see all the Brits on this post

All the Brits that love the place that much they decide to live somewhere else. Most on the thread have moved away. C’mon guys, it’s not that bad here, although "sunny Sutton"….?? South of the river….??....pull the other one……..

I have trace my family to the 13th century in England

Wow! Family tree traced all the way back to 13 century..!! That’s amazing. I just about traced mine back to Ireland; some time ago, but not quite that far back. Wasn’t happy about link to Ireland but it could be worse, could be Scottish…

Edit: I’m the other end of the County (Bottom south)….. Love Milton Keynes……How many roundabouts……?? Great on Sat Nav,, " Turn left, turn left, turn left……"

• mouthy
    mouthy

Mr Majestic > would love to hear your accent Mouthy. Love it how you Essex girls talk. Took one out on Sunday. Very appealing. Sorry that you miss home.

Go to McGregor Ministries & listen to my Testimony you will hear my accent LOL It is called

"He Knocked At MY Door I amswered"By Grace Gough

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

Mouthy....

I’ve had a quick look…. You got a link….??

• mouthy
    mouthy

WEBSITE??http://www.mmoutreachinc.com ?? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Audio Files:?http://www.jwinfoline.com/<<<<<<<<<< ?? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Orders:?http://mmoutreach.org/order_macgregor.htm ?? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Email for order questions:?[email protected] ?? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Email for Info or ministry:?[email protected] ?? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Personal mail for Keith:?[email protected] This may be it I really cant be sure

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

Found it…..

Wow Grace, didn’t quite anticipate such a mixed accent (should have really). Not quite the Essex I had in mind. You have lost a lot of your English side, but just now and then you come out with a word almost pure. Love it……

You ain’t no Cockney though, nuffin like it darlin..at least not like the way my family talk anyway. Again though, there is a little of it in there in places. "Home", "all" and "eye" in particular…

Thanks Mouthy. I feel a little more acquainted now. You speak real nice.

Guna listen to the rest of your talk later……

• HB
    HB

Hi Mouthy from Dagenham,

I am a bit of an outsider here as I was never a JW, but thought I'd just say "hi" as I was born and brought up not far away from Dagenham in Hornchurch and my grandparents originally came from Forest Gate. My sister was born in an ambulance in Dagenham en route to hospital. (Sorry Mr Majestic, I lost the Essex girl accent when I went to a posh grammar school, but can put it on at will! ) And my other half supports West Ham.

I now live in a leafy village (Liphook) in Hampshire which has strong links with Canada. In the 1st World War thousands of Canadian soldiers were camped on land here. Sadly having survived the horrors of the trenches, while they were waiting to be shipped home, a large number of them died of the flu. The area where the camps were is now a local beauty spot and although owned by the MOD, it is open to the public. We have about 300 Canadian war graves in the parish church cemetary, and it is very moving to visit, thinking about all those young men who never made it home.

My house is built on the plot where one of the Canadian army officers lived (the original house was wooden but it lasted well and was only demolished in 1998). Liphook has roads called Ontario Way, Huron Drive, Canada Way, etc and on the main 'A' road that now bypasses the centre, we have an avenue of Maple trees donated by the Canadians. We also celebrate Canada Day.

Lastly, I am a Guide Leader and recently discovered that one of the girls who attended the first Scout Rally in 1907 was from Liphook and she was amongst those who demanded that Baden Powell did something for girls. She later married and emigrated to Canada and helped to set up Guiding (Girl Scouting) there, so we are now in the process of designing new badges showing a maple leaf to wear on our Guide neckers.

Hope I haven't bored you or made you miss England even more!

Hi to all the other Brits too, this board does often feel a bit America-centric, which is natural as JWs were founded over there and it's a bigger place, but it's good to see a few Union flags flying here and there!

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I live in Northwest Canada but I'd love to come for tea!

mr.J- I just about traced mine back to Ireland; some time ago, but not quite that far back. Wasn’t happy about link to Ireland but it could be worse, could be Scottish…

Say I'm Irish!

"Trust the luck of the Irish"

hope4others

• mouthy
    mouthy

Oh how very interesting. I used to visit my Gran in Forest Gate. It sounds as if they are letting the Brits know how much the Canadians did while they were there.... I did not KNOW how many Canadians died of the flue. I know there was an epidemic cos my Gran & Grandad die two days apart with it.

I found that VERY interesting. Thanks for posting....

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

HB…..

Why is it that Essex girls can’t wait to get rid of their accent….? What a pretentious lot……..! Although, posh Grammar school accent eh….?? Anything like Jenny Agutter….?? If so then "ding dong". I just love the way that she talks. Nothing quite as sexy as a "posh bird"……?? "The rain in Spain……..How now brown cow…"

Sorry for your husband. West Ham…….Ah ha ha ha……..Its my brothers team as well…..Never mind…….Not that I can talk much. I’m a Reading fan…… Don’t start……

Hi ya Hope,

You are welcome anytime for a cup of English tea. Sugar…….??? One lump or two……..?? Although, if you are Irish then a nice Guinness or even an Irish coffee maybe…….??

Irish then eh….?? I thought that there was something wrong with you…..!!!

Hope you had a lovely birthday.

P.S. Love your little Irish dancer. Question: why is it that when the Irish learned to dance they forgot to use their arms. Maybe it is just too much to concentrate on; legs and arms…..too much to be sure….

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit