How has your 2007 been? A summary...

by wanderlustguy 21 Replies latest jw friends

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I've had worse, I've had better. I'm still vertical and breathing guess some times it doesn't get any better than that, sigh.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

2007 has been great and tough at the same time. I re-found this board but work is difficult now, although I'm doing better than most loan officers. Honesty pays off.

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester

I started to say, "glad I'm not the only one struggling" this year, but really, I wish no one had been through any of the junk they've been through. It's been a sorta' sucky year in a number of ways. Hopefully, things will improve. If they don't, they don't. One way or another, it'll all be over with eventually, which can be viewed as a blessing or not, depending on how you look at it.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I Hear ya HH. I would never wish upon anyone my 1999-2005. It gets better.

• thepackage
    thepackage

Sorry to hear about your 2007, but here's my 2007: Found wife drunk in bed with another JW on the day i found out my dad had cancer and she knew about my dad. I left the JW's, got accused of all kinds of false crap. filed for divorce, ex-wife broke into the house and stoled all kinds of stuff. Had to file two police reports against her. dad recovering from brain cancer egt hit by a car!!!!! And thats just a portion!!!!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

If I didn't know better I would swear u were copying my story

• Mincan
    Mincan

I'm feeling if I wrote a book on that very topic I might have a best-seller.

Journalling right now is the best thing I can do, because I'm often psychotic right now, I won't remember anything later. Obviously I'll only be able to do more for this book than write sketches and themes/etc for it once I've conquered (or merely survived) my ... problems upstairs.

• noni1974
    noni1974

Well my year has been good so far.

I broke up with my Bf of a year and a half.

Decide to work on myself for a while before I go looking for a new bf.

Learning to let my emotions out and learning to trust people is not easy.

Got a new to me car.First car I've owned in 3 years.Only paid $350.00 for the car it only had 50,000 miles on it.I put new brake system.So for a total of 550.00 I have wheels.I gained my freedom back.

I have been having all kinds of adventures doing things I've never done before.This seems to be the theme for the year for me.

Took my first road trip by myself to meet Awake&Watching and her daughter.Had a blast with them.

Getting my finances in order and planning on leaving the country for the first time ever.I got my passport,something I've wanted to do for years.

Made some really good friends.

I think the over all year has been a good one because I broke out of my shell and I'm loving it.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

D. sounds like things can only get better right? What are you doing with cars,,,,what you and Gin did , or body work?

My 2007 was better than 2006, and you know why... but still very hard.

There hasnt been alot of fun for us this year. Denny has been working for long periods of time out of state,,,,,and so far away from home it is too hard for me to just hop in the car to go see him.

Amber moved in with her boyfriend right after school ended, she is 18 almost 19 now. I think in 2 weeks she will move back home , tired of playing housewife all grown up I guess.

We have been looking at houses to buy for a year and cant find what we want and can't decide where we should live Bossier or here . Kids do not want to live on grandparents land because it is soooooo boring . I do understand that.

Life is just kind of crappy right now with Denny being gone so much. It is so hard to be the only parent home. It is so hard not to be with the one you love your best friend every single day.

We are seriously talking about when he goes to the next big city, going with him.....Jake and his girlfriend who lives with us,,,,,,also are going. Jake will train to do dents with his dad. This all sounds great and it can be done.....we have done it before.

I think it is what I need, because I am bored with this sitting at home, I am ready to travel and let the kids see some more of the world other than here. And D. you know how retarded it is here........lol. We loved Denver and I hope it hails there .

So it has been a slow and boring year, and hoping that the winter and spring will bring us some new adventures. Or maybe I will win the powerball!

• free2beme
    free2beme

Been great!

January - Did nothing major

February - Spent a week in Maui

March - Took the boat out fishing several times and went camping in the RV

April - Spent a week at a luxury spa in Scottsdale AZ and went camping in RV

May - Went camping in RV every weekend

June - Spent a week at Yellowstone in RV and went camping the other weekends locally and fished a lot

July - RV, etc. Also went to Lassen national park for a weekend and finished by book

August - RV, etc. Also went to California

September - Last RV trips of the year

October - Took my son to monster truck show and Renaissance fair

... left for the year, a trip to Disneyland in December and the holidays, of course.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit