How has your 2007 been? A summary...

by wanderlustguy 21 Replies latest jw friends

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

My year so far…wonder if anyone else had as sucky of a 2007 as I did? AKA for all of you worldly non witness folk who want to know how it is being with an ex JW…here you go, a little sample, unfiltered.

January – Just got done taking the gf to see the family…feeling good because the experience made us closer, finally sharing a piece of what I came from…

End of January – Playing in the ice and snow a being a little brat. Cutting down trees with a chainsaw and chopping firewood while looking at huge ass mountains…finally made it, can only get better from here.

February – walking down the stars thinking I gotta figure out how to propose, thinking how awesome this girl is that I live with…

Februaryish – get the phone call that tears everything apart…huge fight. Final accusal, I’m accused of taking a dvd from the rack and taking to a girl at one of the lots I work at. It’s so far removed from where I am and who I am that I lose it completely.

End of March – March 26 to be exact, get notified my gf she’s moving out…

April 1- …alone…unwillingly.

April…not too long later – Meet new girl…can’t stand being alone…plus she’s really hottttt.

June – Still hot…moved in with her end of May cause it was hella conveinient…Mid June…Would you mind coming in early from work so you can watch _______ (her son) for me while I work? ”

Middle of July – Getting tired of watchin now, a little too much watchin time and too little us time…I spend more time with her son than her…like two to three times more.

End of July…figure out that I’m a means to an end, start figuring out how to get out of this without living in hell…she is in accounting at one of my clients office. Start talking to my ex again because she’s the only person I know that can hear me.

August 3, 2007. My youngest brother dies in a truck wreck after calling me a week before and asking me to come stay. For the first time since I could remember, I was in no position to be able to help him when he called and give him a good job and a new life, now I would never get to.
    Go to cult infested hometown…see shit that would freak most normal people out for a week…ready to kill my self after day 1. Get told to “think about the important things” like how many meetings I’ve been to and how good of a worker I am for a publishing company.

My cousin..the one from my story that I played with when we were babies up until elementary school, tells me I just don’t love her. I tell her she just isn’t paying attention.

On the way back from the funeral…realize I don’t know when it’ll be my turn. Lots to do to get my life to the point that I can be happy every day.
    Get back… have things stolen from me at my home…by my Gf’s best friend. Including a bottle of pain pills. Start thinking of where I want to live.

Girfriend’s friend goes to rehab.

Mid August…SICK of the drama gotta take a break, maybe go to Albuquerque and visit my mom soon, decide to sell business out and move somewhere better, like Asheville.

Then think…if I’m gonna sell it, I’ll be able to move anywhere I want!!!! Why not live in NM for a few weeks…then go?

End of August…start planning to go there after sale…realize will need some more mooolah…look for a little work.

September, Talk to a great guy in ALBQ about helping him with his business…think things could go great…

Go to ALBQ, I see the wreck of a sytem his franchisor has him working with…wish I could help the guy. Just for kicks I decide to go ask about how it is to pick up work in the area…drive to Santa Fe…they say make sure you come here first… must be pretty easy…

2nd week of Sept, I get back, and like most guys, I have a huge change jug, when I left, it was half full. Now I can see glass in the bottom. I know my GF didn’t take it, but now her buddy has been babysitting and is moving in…wonder where my money went?

Can’t wait to get the f*ck out. Business is sold and I am packed, gone by third week of Sept.

September 25 hand out a flier to my first prospect…a Toyota dealer…they tell me they move 200 units per moth... and they are happy with the guy they have used for 10 years…I’m pretty bummed out.

Next stop, hand flier to Nissan Dealer…he asks me, can you fix this BMW with a ripped bumper?

I sez…yesssir. And then I fix it. They say make a list…3 working days later…still have another list…

Now I have more work than I know what to do with…but I just can’t get excited about it, or the new place, or my new truck, or the new town.

I just feel lonely…wonder why? Hopefully because I’m doing the right thing…isn’t it supposed to be the hardest thing to do?

Just turned an acquaintance into a friend...great stuff. Also have some old friends barging back into my life. Maybe everything will be good after all?

WLG

• chelsea
    chelsea

WLG i'm sorry your year has been so difficult :( I rate 2007 as the worst year of my life so far. I believe things can only get better now, for you WLG and for everyone who needs things to get better :)

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

It was the very best 2007 ever.

It was curiously also the worst.

But as 2007's go, I can't complain.

• BFD
    BFD

The jury is still out. Geeze it's only October!. Promise, I'll get back to you.

BFD

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

my year sucked, and we still have a couple of months to go...

However, one foot in front of the other and keep smiling - sounds like a song, doesn't it?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It could have been better; it could have been worse. It would have been better had the opposite sex not been immune to taking a liking to me (which predated my Tower run). It could have been worse if I had still been one of Jehovah's Witlesses knocking on doors and donating my time to the Tyrant that has caused me more problems than anything else.

At least I got full-blown Christmas decorations up. I have a Christmas tree and perimeter garland in my apartment, along with lights and ornaments everywhere. Most were purchased in 2007.

There is, however, a caution. There is still a couple of months left for the Witlesses to physically drag me straight from work to their homes, dress me up for field circus, and drag me out in field circus and to their boasting sessions. And I know that being there live is not going to be anywhere near as funny as looking at this forum and reading the critical analyses of these sessions.

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

this year I learned the value of a human being

• anewme
    anewme

My year started out badly but is ending very nicely!

In May I was notified by my landlord that he was divorcing and selling the property.

By June my husband and I were embroiled in their fighting and had to go to court to testify what we heard.

Landlord removes the front door off our rental.

A week later he puts it back on by court order.

Landlord returns and removes toilets and sinks.

Landlady begs us to stay and moves us into her upstairs master suite where we have been for six months.

(There were times during this past six months I wondered if these turn of events werent part of falling into Satan's hands like the JWs said I did)

But October 1st we found a brand new 3 bedroom home of our own to move to! Our Sweet landlady is now engaged to a wonderful new man! And mean old landlord is scheduled for jail time!

And I am going back to school!

So I cant say I have been in Satan's hands, but maybe attacked by evil forces. But my goodness and sweetness pervailed and all is hunky dory and Im looking forward to the winter holidays with my new non JW family!

Anewme

• Es
    Es

Been a pretty full on year for me, cant remember exact dates of everything but this is pretty much the jist of it

-my son started school

-my car got stolen

-we brought some really nice furniture for our house (stuff we have wanted for ages)

-we went to the snow-

-my nan sadly passed away

-i no longer was a JW

-my daughter is turning one

-I fell pregnant again

Im sure there is more but like i said thats the jist of it

es

• ninja
    ninja

busy.......plus my wife called me an intelligent homer simpson....whats that all about?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit