first seeds of doubt

by confused and lost 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• confused and lost
    confused and lost

Just before this weeks book study I happened to say to my wife ,(in a matter of fact sort of way),"that judge Rutherford was not a very likable character".I then "dropped in" 1925 and the foretold resurrection of the prophets aswell as some other stuff I had learned about Rutherford.I then casually alluded to other dates such as 1799,1874 and 1975.Her response was that "they were a fickle bunch".She then said in all seriousness "Do you think its right ?",meaning did I think that we are in the "truth"I had to curb my enthusiasm to tell her exactly what I thought,figuring that a- little- at- a- time approach would be best suited to my purpose.Hence the first seeds of doubt have been sown.

• dawg
    dawg

Thank God bro... I hope that seed grows to an Oak. You're probably right to p[lay it close. Good luck.

• V1710
    V1710

Confused and Lost,

I bet it was hard for you to contain the excitement. I'm so happy for you.

Your response was perfect. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Jeanette

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

She has doubts. But take it slow. A few words here and there. In time you might 'stumble' upon some info that she 'just needs to see'.

Good luck.

Jeff

• BFD
    BFD

I'm probably going to get bashed for saying this but why weren't you just honest with her? Maybe you're both waiting for the other to make the first move toward the dreaded apostacy.

Or, give her a list of things that you discovered and ask her the same question back.

Good luck, I only hope for the best.

BFD

• changeling
    changeling

I agree that your "take it slow" appoach may be the best in this situation. This is not a relative you see on occassion, this is your wife. Don't let your enthusiasm scare her away.

changeling

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

exposing truth in a way that allows another to experience it on there own is the most effective way

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    "Do you think its right ?",meaning did I think that we are in the "truth"

Maybe slow is right, maybe full speed ahead. You would have to be the judge.
    But don't stop the momentum and upset the flow. Good approach. Keep it up.

• Happy_Apostate
    Happy_Apostate

Man, I remember disassociating myself almost 19 years ago. It was very hard, worrying about how family and friends were going to react. I lost of them except my mother and sister. They gave me unending love and eventually left the "truth" as well. If she truley loves you, she will see you are earnest and atleast here you out.

You may have to face however, what many of us have. She may love the society more than you. I doubt it though.

• oompa
    oompa

CAL, Welcome to JWD! I would not play it too slow though if you are getting good questions/responses/vibes though. Satan is very sly, and could find a way to more firmly entrench your wife at any moment! You are so fortunate RIGHT NOW! The Climax book is a Godsend for creating doubt. I do not know ANY hardcore JW that believes every detail of that book. Geeze what a bunch of hooey. I still use my old hardback Climax book, and it was so full of my earlier question marks and notes of doubts in the margins, I finally could not attend anymore. Pick a page, any page, and it is an easy target. I so love how jw fulfull in detail REV prophecies by individual tracts and assemblies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!.....oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit