Carl (larc) - A Tribute

by Farkel 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

As many of you know, larc died. Due to my hiatus, I didn't find out until several months after he did. I was able to get to know him in the few years before he passed. We had many lively conversations and he always deferred to me as a sage! What a dummy! He had the PhD. and I was the not-formally educated idiot!

Jan, his wife of around 200 years or so, suffered a major stroke several years ago, and I was privy to her recovery process, which, as it turns out, was remarkable. Jan is quite the woman. Carl was as salt-of-the-earth as they come. Moreover, he never waived his sheepskins in one's face. Yet, he was a primary HR person for screening low and high profile applicants in such companys as General Motors (in case you haven't heard about them).

Carl was my PRIMARY source for my piece on Berta and Bonnie. He was perfect for that role. He didn't think he could write it up properly (he could). More importantly, he was a close relative of Berta and his information was nearly first-hand. That piece caused a lot of research to be done and confirmed not only Berta's existence, but Carl's statements about her family tree and history.

Carl has been cited in professor Ed Gruss's scholarly books on dub bullshit and had helped me in ferreting out bogus IQ tests that are prolific on the Internet.

Have a great eternity, Carl. I salute you with the utmost respect.

Farkel

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

(((Farkel)))..You are so cool,to do this for Larc..I miss him...OUTLAW

• JK666
    JK666

May Carl rest in peace

JK

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Zazu posts here from time to time and it's always great to see her. *waves to Jan*

Carl was quite a character although I never met him in person I spoke to him on the phone several times. He told the best jokes and he had such a full hardy laugh and I always pictured him smiling. He rarely talked about himself so I didn't know those things about him Doug he always seemed more interested in who he was talking to and had a way of making you feel important.

He's missed and a Tribute to him is fitting. I know he's smiling where ever he is.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.."The Early Day`s of JWD"....This place was a Wild West Show!.....Flame Wars everywhere!.....Troll`s abounded!.....Farkel "DipF*cked!!"anyone that messed with him..LOL!!.....St.Satan(Satanus now),Larc and I hunted Troll`s for sport.There were so many..LOL!!.....Those were the "Early Days of JWD"...OUTLAW

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Carl's time with us had a positive effect on my life and I am grateful for the time he spent with us.

May he rest in peace.

Chris

• avengers
    avengers

Damn!.

Another good guy gone.

I guess people die and that's a fact.

Miss you dude.

Condolences to all of you on this board and most to the ones closest to him.

Andy

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Now THAT'S a tribute such as Larc would have appreciated

• KW13
    KW13

Rest in Peace Bro

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I got to meet larc in person once..and shared a pizza with him. His was very nice and fun to talk to. I wish I'd gotten the chance to really get to know him. He was gone not too long after that. I miss him too.

lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit