The transformation from evil JW to freedom-fighter XJW- Instantaneous?

by nvrgnbk 40 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

The degree of hatred being expressed by some here towards individuals in the JW cult is difficult for me to understand.

Why?

Because most of us were Jehovah's Witnesses at one time.

How did this transformation from "evil, disgusting, murderous, bloodthirsty" Jehovah's Witness to "enlightened, free, open-minded, compassionate" ex-JW take place?

Were we bad the last day we were Witnesses but good the next?

When was the defining moment?

When the JC disfellowshipped you?

When it was announced?

When you wrote your DA letter?

When your DA was announced?

When you decided not to go back, ever again?

When you handed in your last field service report?

When you started faking your hours, because you weren't prepared to leave, but you couldn't in good conscience spread the lies anymore?

When you openly complained about the organization to other JWs, in an effort to get them to think?

When did we all go from "bad" to "good"?

• Open mind
    Open mind

The awakening process for me was many years of grey fog.

If it weren't for the majority of posters like Nvr who cut guys like me a mental break, I wouldn't post here.

As long as my family is making some progress towards independent, clear thinking, I'm remaining a nominal "active" JW where, IMO, I can have the most influence.

Some here have openly denounced my course of action. The majority do not. Time will tell if my course was wise.

Thanks Nvr.

Open Mind

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/144377/2599370/post.ashx#2599370

I guess those of us that don't want to see every last JW strung up and lit on fire are not being reasonable.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    How did this transformation from evil, disgusting, murderous, bloodthirsty Jehovah's Witness to enlightened, free, open-minded, compassionate ex-JW take place?

While this is a reflection of the teachings regarding what JWs think will happen at Armageddon, it a very exaggerated and overly simplified description of what it's like to be a part of that group.

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

When did we all go from bad to good?

Maybe you didn't go from good to bad...maybe you just went from being a JW to an ex-JW. It is abundantly clear that there are some people who will scratch and claw to get to a place that they perceive to be moral highground, so that they can feel justified in treating others exactly as they wish. I don't think the JW's have a lock on that one. There are those that leave the JW's but just attach themselves to a different cause and do the exact same thing. If everyone who immediately left the JW's immediately became different people, then you could use the black and white reasoning. But chances are if you were an ass before then you will probably be an ass in the future and if you were fair and reasonable then you will assume the same type of path in later life only under different circumstances.

Hey nvr maybe the world just needs a little more cowbell.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    How did this transformation from evil, disgusting, murderous, bloodthirsty Jehovah's Witness to enlightened, free, open-minded, compassionate ex-JW take place?
    While this is a reflection of the teachings regarding what JWs think will happen at Armageddon, it a very exaggerated and overly simplified description of what it's like to be a part of that group.

I understand that, drew.

The point of the satirical question is that it isn't that simple.

There was no magical transformation.

We weren't "bad" JWs one day and "good" ex-JWs the next.

• oompa
    oompa

Dang it NVR 14 questions in one posting?? Is that the record? What has so suprised me here at JWD is how man are NOT bitter. That is one of the first things I noticed. I realized I probably needed to calm down a bit....oompa

• minimus
    minimus

i like what you're doing.

• tribalgirl
    tribalgirl

I guess I don't consider myself "good" just because I left the JW's. I actually don't think I'm all that good anyway. I also don't think all JW's are bad, just brainwashed into believing something that isn't true. That doesn't make them bad, just gullible. obviously some of them are evil, but they would be that regardless of their religious affiliation. jmo

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    gullible

Exactly.

Like anyone else that professes belief in something they have no evidence to support.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit