Someone is banging at the door screaming threats....

by Elsewhere 24 Replies latest jw friends

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

my husband likes old westerns...you know ...they all line up in the middle of the street to have a shoot out..and everyone else comes out to watch.

what's that all about?

He said that's just the way they used to do it back then.

whatever.

lisa

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Ah it's only my dogs wanting dinner

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Did she fall when she tried to run? That's the other thing that gets me. If someone is chasing me the shoes come off and I haul A$$ without looking back!

nj

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

The discussion about 'old westerns' is one of my favorites. I seem to remember as a kiddo watching them, and the 'good guy' (let's call him 'Joe') is about to git himself strung up... the rope is around his neck, him sitting on a horse, and they're jist 'bout to slap the horses rump, when outta the blue, someone comes runnin up and sez...

"Joe's innocent! Bill jist confessed!" or somesuch. So they cut down Joe, and the next thing ya know, they're all slapping each other on the back, having drinks at the nearest saloon.

I always thought... "That's STUPID! How can people be like that!"

But. You know what? They're EXACTLY like that! In real life - one minute - they're ready to hang ya - the next minute, they're buying you drinks.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Nowadays - I tend to look for the 'bloopers' that are in movies. You know... things like... the fella gets punched in the mouth - and he has blood streaked on the left part of his mouth. Next scene - the blood is there... on the right side of his mouth.

Things like that. Makes watching movies more fun.

An all-time classic - El Dorado - with John Wayne & Robert Mitchum. They even make comments about switching arms with the crutches. How it didn't get 'cut', I don't know.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Why are movie characters so stupid?
    Cuz it's written in the script.

And yet people who get rich and famous for being able to follow such scripts think they're smart enough to jet around the world lecturing us mere mortals on economics, politics, the complexities of the global climate, etc!

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    If someone is chasing me the shoes come off and I haul A$$ without looking back!

Yeah I agree...especially in those very spiked heals...hmmm. Or when they are trying to be quiet and their shoes go tip tip tip.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

It's not stupid if you've got pepper spray :-D

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

LOL.. you beat me to it six!

GBL

• Undecided
    Undecided

Why would you run down the road when someone is chasing you in a car? They do this so many times in movies.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit