How To Repel Jehovah's Witnesses at Your Door

by WTWizard 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I usually try to be extra kind, especially to the young ones. I usually speak with them about school and so forth without identifying how I feel about the Watchtower. They seem happy Not to talk about religion. Hopefully, they will see us so called "Worldly People" as not so bad.

The most recent JW who came to my door really irritated me though. She's one of those who has been in since 1971 ~ I tried to explain I used to be a JW, etc. etc and she didn't hear a word I said. Then I became more vocal and said "I don't think you Understand, I am an Apostate because there is a better life on lthe Outside" ~ at that point she practically tripped over her bag trying to exit quickly.

Then for Good Measure, I added "Don't Worry, I don't rub off and the Demons won't come after you " ~ I was really bad that day!

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

They stopped coming to my door even after I was reinstated. I invited some old guy in and he got mad because I asked him a question. His answer, YOU should know that answer if you were raised a JW. Chronology question! The date of Christ birth to now I had all these history books and did the research! He accused me of lying about my reinstatement, so I told him to not come back then I wrote the congregation a letter and told them that I did not want someone coming to my door accusing me of lying about my reinstatement. I did not attend that meeting I attended another meeting and I was fine in that congregation. Some JDUBS are just strange! and he was one of them.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Actually, the best thing you can do if they are trying to call on you is to get out the old Crisis of Conscience book or a Born Again tract. I doubt they will get past that. Using Ephesians 2:8 and 9 to tell them that salvation is through grace and not works usually gets the job done.

However, if they are trying to harass you, then more drastic measures may be needed. If they are simply knocking on the door, a trespassing call might be in order after they have been told that they are not welcome. If they are actually looking in the windows, they are already committing a crime of Peeping Tommery and could be reported for that (assuming they are on your property while doing it). The burglary charges are appropriate if they actually attempt to force their way in, since technically that is breaking and entering. However, I do not advocate shooting them (even though technically it is legal in certain states to shoot trespassers if there is a prominent warning posted), since they are more a nuisance and harassment issue than a threat.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Be really, really nice to them and ask them a question that will rattle their chains.

Don't let them stray off your chosen topic.

Make them feel compelled to go home and look up the answer for you.

Cheers

Chris

• Gill
    Gill

At the congregation we used to go to they threw away all the DO NOT CALL slips when they had a new PO!

Talk about Russian Roulette!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    At the congregation we used to go to they threw away all the DO NOT CALL slips when they had a new PO!

Now that is asking for trouble. Those "Do Not Call" slips are there for a reason, and they do not go out of date simply because the lead hounder or the hounder-hounder orders them purged. The only way to outdate them is for the person who requested it to make the initial call requesting it be cancelled. Until that happens, these Do Not Call slips need to be honored.

Failure to do this could result in unpredictable behavior from the person who requested to be left alone, particularly if the calls become regular and disruptive. Hopefully, it also results in the work going under a zero-tolerance ban, where they can't even go underground as they have in communist countries that banned them. Under zero tolerance, they could be locked up with apostate literature and nothing else to read. That would reduce repeat offenses, since if they go apostate, they are not going back in field circus.

• Siamsa
    Siamsa

Undercover,

A variation on your method for dealing with unsolicited telemarketing phone calls works for me.

When faced with a call from an uninvited or unsolicited caller (who is trying to sell or save) . Answer the door and say absolutely nothing. Just keep grinning and nodding your head. Wearing a pair of large sunglasses is optional.

Why do people who answer doors to unsolicited callers (who wish to save them or sell them something) in return try and save them or sell them something.

Dont feed the monkies, they will only come back for more 'food' !

• freeme
    freeme
    Do what everyone else does... don't answer the door.

theres nothing you can do more wrong. as a witness im always after the "dont answers". "they didnt receive the good news yet! they've to hear it! ill try to visit them another weekday/another hour!" as long as you dont answer the door you'll be visited over and over again. when someone opened the door when i was a witness and told me "not interested" i scratched his name out and went on. at a maximum i would visit him in 3 or 4 years again or when another witness takes the area. one jw visit in 4 years is not too bad, dont ya think?

• freeme
    freeme

actually the best and always working method to prevent witnesses witnessing at your door is the following:

BE ONE!

lol.

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Become one and say you need shepherding ,that ought to scare 'em off.

If that fails and you are male , just stand naked at the front door while stroking your appendage and say how wonderful we are made.What a kak

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit