To the Body of Elders, Dear Brothers - a letter to send to individual JW's

by eclipse 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Fjtoth:

Don't want to hijack but just wanted to say it is good to see you around. I am hoping this means you are recovering well from your recent 'less then stellar' health.

Be well.

To those who don't know fjtoth well, he is a very well-read and insightful individual. Definitely worthy of consideration of his comments and observations. I deeply respected him while we served at Bethel together and that respect stands now that we are both free.

Uzzah

• bebu
    bebu

I throw out a lot of junk mail. So perhaps the elders will consider this junk mail.

But then again... on occasion I do read junk mail. I believe there will be a percentage of elders whose curiosity may be piqued, or who have finally gotten to a point where they may be frustrated and the letter catches their attention.

The letter is well-written. I think it should be sent.

ECC 11:6 Sow your seed in the morning, and at evening let not your hands be idle,

for you do not know which will succeed, whether this or that, or whether both will do equally well.

bebu

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Uzzah:

Thanks for the kind words and good wishes. I've got to make one more visit to the hospital this afternoon. Hopefully it will be the last one, though I will have to keep an appointment with a doctor next month. My old energy has come back, so I'm really glad about that.

Frank

• luna2
    luna2

A couple of years ago, when I first truly realized that I didn't want to be a JW any more, had learned none of it was valid, and would never be going back, I also had the idea of sending the elders here a really super letter of some sort that would hit them right between the eyes and wake them all up (while also justifying and validating my personal decision not to be in their cult any more). Its a part of the enthusiasm to free the slaves that you get once you yourself become free. From everything I've read, seen and heard since, though, I've come to the understanding that people open their eyes when they are ready to open their eyes and not before. The apostate defence is a strong one as it ensures that the truly faithful will turn their eyes away from anything even vaguely hinting at such an origination.

However, if some want to send this letter, why not? Either the elders will read it or they won't....though, I must admit that I think it most likely that they'll throw it in the trash just as soon as they realize what it is.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Could someone please tell me the JWs response to this campaign?

Thanks.

Ian

• Dansk
    Dansk

BTTT because I'm intrigued as to what happened to Wingman and what became of his campaign letter. Anyone know or have their own results to tell?

Ian

• primitivegenius

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit