New generation change: blaming rank & file again?

by Ozner 18 Replies latest jw friends

• JulieM
    JulieM

Didn't the Awake magazine run (until 1995) on page 2...

"the Creator’s promise of a peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away."

Yes they did, I remember it. They had to change it afterwards, of course. I don't really remember much about 1975, as I was only 5 years old, but I remember a lot being upset about the 1995 change, and now I see they are making another change. What a surprise!

All this new light, proves they pay the electicity bill at Bethel I suppose

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Bastards.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Can somebody show the cover of the May 15th Watchtower 1984?..That will show everyone what the WBT$ had to say about the generation of 1914....."1914 The generation that will Not pass Away".....WBT$ is caught in another lie..One more lie we can make the WBT$ eat...OUTLAW

• Gordy
  • Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Sick.

I remember I was at a door, reading Matt 24 verses to a young man explaining that the end was just around the corner because people around in 1914 were getting old and my service partner nudged me and said, 'no, that's the old understanding, it's changed' and we're whispering at this guy's door, i said, 'it's changed? to what?' I was blank and ended it soon after, 'so, i have this book for you. . .'

Jeanniebeanz, you make a great statement, your dad is a smart man and falls for this stuff every 20 years or so, they are ENTRANCED by the GB.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

It really makes think of how an abusive husband treats his battered wife, blaming her for the beatings his gives her. After a while, these women start to believe they're at fault. So do many Witnesses.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Evil servant class!!! Beating the other slaves again. Filthy so and so's!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Thanks Gordy!..Your a GentleMan.....Once again the WBT$ is shown to be Deceitful and Liars!.....WBT$,YOU SUCK at LYING!!..Actually you suck at a lot of things!..Laughing Mutley..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Gopher
    Gopher

The constant change of doctrines, along with rigid enforcement of belief -- is very cultish, stupid and sickening.

Having said that, I don't think the WTS will need to resort to blaming the "rank and file" this time. Usually when they blame the R&F it's about allegedly being overanxious about dates or time periods.

There have been other sudden changes of light that they just introduced without blaming the rank and file. I remember when they changed the number of "keys of the Kingdom" that Peter had from 2 to 3. I don't remember them assigning any blame for the old understanding, they just said "here's the change you've got to accept". The same for their new light on when the separation of sheep from goats would occur.

Since this latest change in "the generation" is a switch in the identity of that group of people, and not time frames, it'll simply get shoved down the JW's throats. There's no need to blame the R&F on this one, since to the average JW it's not that big of a deal like 1975 was.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit