I was called "The Dog" tonight

by restrangled 45 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

I am very angry. I visited the active talk site tonight, identified myself as restrangled as most of you know who I am, and skally referred to me as "the dog"

I have been a member for just about 2 years, contributed cash to those in need without question, supported those in any way I could and my husband has done the same.

I am beyond hurt..I.thought myself and my husband had supported your cause......to be called "the dog" by one one of your most prominent members lets me know we don't count for squat no matter what we do...much like the witnesses.

Thanks Skally...you made my day today.

r.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Restrangled, I wouldn't give any credence to anything sKally says. She's a bitter troll.

• noni1974
    noni1974

I'm sorry that happened to you.

• erynw
    erynw

Sorry you're hurt hon. My grandma used to tell me when someone hurt my feelings, "Consider the source"

Here's a hug for you.

• bisous
    bisous

1. Skally is NOT a troll (contrary to easily rendered remarks here and elsewhere)
    2. Why would you paint this entire site and its membership according to what one poster said?
    3. Is there any possibility that she was identifying you with your Avatar?
    4. Again, refer to 2.
    5. If you have been here over 2 years and THIS is what you measure your worth by ... the random words of one poster vs. all the contributions you cite and countless others must obviously know to be true, then I suggest you re-evaluate.

6, and MOST Importantly: I ascribe to the Four Agreements, one important component of which is "Don't Take Anything Personally" ... the premise of this tenet is

Don't Take Anything Personally
    Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering. I recommend this small book and its contents highly, here is a link http://www.miguelruiz.com/fouragreements.html

• restrangled
    restrangled

thanks JD.....

• Twitch
    Twitch

Restrangled

I've read your posts and have to say you're good people in my book. Please brush off this comment for what it is; a stupid and hurtful comment from what I gather is a bitter antagonist.

With respect

Twitch

• Kudra
    Kudra

Restrangled (who has a couple of beautiful dogs!):

Just because one member (who seems to be pretty aggressive) directed a disrespectful comment your way, in NO way means any of the rest of us think it's remotely applicable!!!

I think you are a great member and have followed many of your stories over the 2 or so years I have been here. It does suck to be "yelled at" on the forum, especially when this is a place a lot of us come for comradery, as our common bond goes a bit deeper than most boards- we've suffered through a yucky controlling religion together and we ended up with a more quality "sisterhood" or "brotherhood" than anything the dubs could have!!

Anyway, keep your chin up, I have been insulted on the forum and I try not to take it too personally. A lot of us act out here in a way that isn't quite acceptable in "real life"...

You have lots of good buds here.

:)

-K

• Kudra
    Kudra

Oh yeah, one person's comment in no way represents the WHOLE board...

Why did you think that? Just curious

• restrangled
    restrangled

Skally should know who I am by now...a 48 year old female who has supported many on this site and has been honest about my past and who I am.

To call me "the dog" was nasty

I would not do the same to another poster...You know me......My Avatar is what it is....a love of animals.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit