Out of the ordinary sacrifices you've made

by REBORNAGAIN 16 Replies latest jw friends

• erynw
    erynw

I sacrificed a platypus once. Not sure if it was accepted or not but it tasted good.

• R.F.
    R.F.

I sacrificed higher education by withdrawing to become an active Dub. I'm going back soon though.

I also sacrificed family in a sense. I spent so much time on JW activities that they weren't so active in that I didn't spend nearly as much time with them as I could have and wanted to. It's so refreshing to do so now.

• kifoy
    kifoy

I was never allowed to join any organized sport.
    Hated the door to door thing, but went anyway.
    Never learned to have my own opinion, but always ment and did what I thought was expected.

But maybe these are "ordinary" sacrifices?

kifoy

• llbh
    llbh

Music.elders who listened to dolly parton (do you listen to or admire her) counselled me against rock classical and jazz - worldly you see. I do so miss the Kingdom melodies. I am know listening to more music than ever

Also education though I do not think that this is unusual we seem to have all done that

David

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

College Education.

• 38 Years
    38 Years

I knew an older sister who hated "I Love Lucy" because Lucy wasn't in subjection to her husband

• tere1998
    tere1998

Oh, and SATURDAY MORNING CARTOONS!!!!! I never got to watch them cuz we had to go out in service every freakin Saturday.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit