Incense...

by *summer* 29 Replies latest jw friends

• *summer*
    *summer*

tribalgirl...

i used to meditate daily. but stopped when i started studying. as for sage incense, it brought me back to my days of clearing space before a reiki session. i am going back to all this...i miss it too much.

• loosie
    loosie

I went to a music store here in town during my lunch hour andwhen I came back everyone said I semll like pot. Since I have never used pot. I wouldn't know what it smells like.

• noni1974
    noni1974

Pot smells really bad to me.Like the back end of a skunk.It tastes worse.And it does bad things to me.I always end up puking.So I don't bother with it anymore.I'm high on life.

I burn both incense and oil. I burn anything that smells good to me.I like my house to smell good and girly.

• tribalgirl
    tribalgirl

Meditation has saved my life, figuratively speaking. The freedom that comes from just "being" is something that I will never give up. \

Sage is a fantastic herb. I use many others as well, but white sage is at the top of my list for clearing or cleansing.

How can something that is natural be evil? Answer: It can't.

• chelsea
    chelsea

I have no idea what's in it, but i distinctly remember my best friend once bought "lick me" incense which had a definate effect on us - and on other people who didn't know what it was... lets just say nipples were licked that day when they really shouldn't have been.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

BrentR, I'm sorry to hear that incense irritates your sinuses. Some people overuse it - it should be handled like perfume. It shouldn't put a damn haze in the air! /:)

My favorite "just for the scent" incenses are all made by Nippon Kodo. Their Rosewood is my favorite, but their Green Tea and Cinnamon are also very good. I'd love to have a box of their Bees In Love, which is supposed to smell like honey, but they discontinued it around the time I first heard about it. :(

I occasionally burn Lucky Mojo's Money House Blessing, which has a great clean fragrance. I believe there's mint in it.

Another magical incense which I have not burned in a long time is copal oro (haven't tried copal negro, which comes from an unrelated species of tree); it smells just like a clean-burning wood fire, only sweeter. If you don't cloud up the air with it, it is not at all oppressive - a sweet, warm, friendly odor. The Mayans use it in religious rituals, when seeking divine favor. Some Christians who work with incense and candles and things recite Psalm 23 while burning copal.

gently feral

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I burn Incense and Candes almost every day. I have four dogs and it helps keep the doggie odors under control. .

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

I love incense. A few weeks ago I bought a bottle that has holes drilled in it and a keychain loop to put the incense in at the top. Very neat and non-messy. All the ashes fall inside the bottle. Angel is the scent that I have been burning lately. I also buy Nag Champa.

• poppers
    poppers

Nag Champa is my favorite as well.

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

I love burning incense, but my ex hated it so I never used it unless he was going to be away for several days so I could air the house out and not have to listen to him gripe. Smells are much stronger memory and emotion cues to me than visual stimulae so its very comforting to me to burn sandalwood or mountain juniper (think that's what it was). I can't wait until to be in my own home so I can burn incense any damn time I like!

brunn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit