Incense...

by *summer* 29 Replies latest jw friends

• *summer*
    *summer*

Thank you to all who replied so far...

Emy, I can only imagine your cute little log-cabin incense burner:-)

Like many of you, I also love Nag Champa...a soft sweet scent. But my favorite of all times has to be Patchouli (sweet memories of my 'flower child' days:-) i believe this is the one scent that everybody associates with pot, loosie:-)

I have an 'apostate' list...comes from my yoga days...might be of interest to some of you.

Jasmine...to restore harmony.

Lavendar...to soothe hurt feelings.

Musk...to raise romantic aura and draw another close.

Sage...restore spiritual balance to surroundings.

Patchouli...to attract new love or recharge an existing relationship.

Amber...for spiritual awareness.

Vanilla...before bed, to ease worries and get a good night sleep.

Keep burning:-)

• *summer*
    *summer*

You are also right Brent...

I don't burn as much incense when it is 'open windows' weather. Or when I have a yummy pasta sauce simmering on the stove:-)

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

I love the stuff.

It has spiritual connotations for me now that I am learning about these things.

I can make custom scents, also.

• BrentR
    BrentR

We did compromise on chunks of pine resin that I get from a wicca supply website. Just a one oz chunk gives the house a very light woods scent that is not overwhelming. You don't nee to burn it so there is no smoke residue to deal with.

We don't have very many pine trees around here so I have to buy it.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

My favorite too.

alt

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I love nag champa - you can order tons of it online at nagchampa.com - very reasonable cost. I sticks boxes of it in all the dresser drawers, closet, linen closet, etc. People always say how nice my house smells.

• *summer*
    *summer*

Hortensia...

May seem simple enough but I never thought of sticking boxes of incense in closets, linen closets, etc...

Thanks for the tip:-)

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Lisa vegas

isn't that the one that smells like pot?

No silly...but it does help mask the smell of pot.

lisa

• tribalgirl
    tribalgirl

I use nag champa on a daily basis during meditation.
    Perhaps the herb you are referring to as smelling like pot is Sage. I use that on occasions tha call for cleansing or clearing my space, and it does smell like pot.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

I burn it as part of my religious practice, and because it smells so nice. I make my own, as it's very easy to do and I like to know exactly what I'm inhaling. When I run out of the homegrown, Nag Champa is easy to find, inexpensive, and won't make me sneeze.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit