point of no return

by jacethespace 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• jacethespace
    jacethespace

I want to thank the people involved in this site and the people on here in general as you have all been a great support for me.I think the internet has actually saved my life because i probably would have remained in the watchtower forever without having all this extra information to look into on here and the net in general.Well i have now started to pass the point of no return mentally.Through information and considering the way watchtower really works.Also i have spoke to my mom about me leaving and how i feel and she has give me some support.I feel the watchtower had put a divide between me and my non witness family that has now started to return.Its seems to me like the tower severs that parent/ emotional tie and takes its place.Im feeling better in my self and although i dont have all the answers am looking foward to moving on for good.Im starting to see that the watchtowers happiness is anything but.Ive thought for quite a while in fact its anti life. jacethespace. ps , anyone want to act out the fall of babylon in a play but replace it with the watchtower headquarters [ thats my anger coming out now].

• carla
    carla

Congratulations on finding your way out of the cult!

• emy the infidel
    emy the infidel
    I feel the watchtower had put a divide between me and my non witness family that has now started to return.Its seems to me like the tower severs that parent/ emotional tie and takes its place.

That's great that you can see that now. That realization took some many yrs to arrive at. In my case, I left home and moved far away at 17 to live with our only jdub family member. About 6 months into it I wanted to go back home, but was told my attitude was similar to the Isrealites who wanted to return to Egypt (!!!!). My worldly family was like the Egyptians? Huh? Having no context at age 17 to put that into, needless to say I stopped committing 'thought crimes'. Real quick.

I've been out for yrs., except for the occasional meeting but haven't had the courage yet to tell my mother of my new found clarity on the whole WT$ after what I put her through for it. Every once in a while she would ask if I thought I'd ever go back to that. Now, the answer would finally be a decisive NO.

You're new here, aye? Glad your feeling good and gaining perspective. Funny how the chaotic thought processes instilled by the WT melt away isn't it?

• Gopher
    Gopher

Jace,

I am glad to hear you've reached this point. The WTS loses another prisoner, yeah!

We'll never have "all the answers". Nobody does, and we don't need it . Instead we need freedom to explore and to learn. We don't need somebody or some organization PRETENDING they have all the answers that you'd better obey or else they'll try to make your life hell. It's spiritual blackmail. Those of us who have JW relatives that shun us are painfully aware of this.

We're always here to lend a helping hand or to be a sounding board. Glad you're here.

• heathen
    heathen

Even tho they may have made sense on a couple of issues they really have enslaved people to lies throughout their history , I thought the truth would set you free ............. I just totally hated their attitude when I wouldn't accept every little thing that came from the WTBS, they were very insulting and played all kinds of weird mind f@#k games . I wasn't even a member of the cult. Just a home bible study guy . JEEZZZUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• *summer*
    *summer*

I hear you loud and clear, Jace...

I started studying myself almost one year ago now. Started with the 'at home' book study. Then added the Tuesday night group study. I was really on my way. Until I started digging on the Internet. Until I found this site. I now stand at the point where I still believe in God. I still believe in the Bible. But I still keep digging. One thing I know with certainty though...I don't want anything to do with a human organisation. JWs keep saying that no human government will ever bring everlasting peace. And not to put our trust in men. VoilĂ ! At least they have that right:-)

• journey-on
    journey-on

The truth shall set you free. Welcome to your newfound freedom!

• flipper
    flipper

JACE the SPACE- Glad to hear your mom is being supportive of your leaving the cult. And that you are connecting again with your non- witness family, that is great ! You are correct that many I too believe look at the watchtower society as parent substitutes. Hell, just look at what you hear them call the earthly organization, " mother ". If you look at just that, it should make all of us run the other way and set our hair on fire looking for real refreshing water to jump into. LOL! Look forward to more posts from you my friend, we all care here ! Peace to you, Mr. Flipper

• watson
    watson
    I feel the watchtower had put a divide between me and my non witness family that has now started to return.Its seems to me like the tower severs that parent/ emotional tie and takes its place.

You are fortunate that you still have "non" witness family. Make the most of it! My non witness family was very productive in society and progressive. I/we missed out on that association!

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

Jace!

I am happy for you that you are able to see their evil motives before they got you to burn your bridges behind you.

Good on you!

Summer, I am glad you stayed even tho that troll bastard tried to scare you off, your input is valued.

RD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit