Is Eve automatically resurrected?

by yknot 14 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot
    1Tim 2:14-15 Adam was not deceived, but the woman was thoroughly deceived and came to be in transgression. 15 However, she will be kept safe through childbearing, provided they continue in faith and love and sanctification along with soundness of mind.

So how do yall interpretate this scripture?

Is it saying that it was Eve's fault, that Adam was not deceived. Is Eve kept safe through childbearing if she and Adam continue in faith & love & sanctifcation? (by continuing in faith,love & sanctity, wouldn't this show repentance, would Jehovah forgive them seeing their devotion to his command. Wouldn't they be candidates for resurrection?)

OR

Is it saying , Eve was totally duped, but Adam knew that the fruit shouldn't be eaten, that the serpent was lying and made a deliberate choice to disobey. That she will be kept "safe" through childbearing, provided the children born to her continue in faith & love & sanctification? ( so do women who raise children who love Jah, have faith in Jesus, and live good "christian" lives get an automatic pass to resurrection, to be kept "safe" ( this also would include Eve, since she is the mother of all)

OR

your alternate interpretations..........

Y

• Gopher
    Gopher

Looing at the context of verses 11-15, the issue Paul was discussing was a woman's place in the congregation.

It seems to me that verse 15 wasn't talking about Eve at all, but about Christian women. Paul wasn't saying Eve would be saved through childbearing, but that Christian women should get busy raising good little Christians and THAT is their teaching job, rather than teaching in the congregation.

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

Why was eve guilty from eating some fruit? If it was just figurative fruit why isnt the actual action ,thought, item described?

Disobedience was the sin yes? Disobedience of doing exactly what? Gaining knowledge . Always seemed like a power play by an authority to me . Maybe a big religious group or king decided it would help with crowd controll and just threw it in there.

In answer I would have to say it means absolutly nothing to me considering it is a story about the only two people on earth and the story is written by a third party LOL!

If I was in the garden and got booted out I would not be tellin anybody that story or maybe adam was a jerk and he was just trying to look good at the expense of his wife ?

I think I'm going with the control of power one yep

• tula
    tula

Do we really know what happened to Adam's first wife, Lillith?

JWs tell me that, had Adam refused to "plight his trough" with Eve, god would have given him yet another wife!

(and yet we are expected to make such a marriage pledge)

Adam was not deceived, but perhaps he loved his wife too much because he chose to share in her fate over obedience of god's rules.

Maybe this is why the JWs are so coldhearted toward rule breakers.

By illustration of this very story they are coerced into believeing that loving any human takes a back seat to obeying gods the orgs rules and regulations.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This is silly to debate from a JW perspective.

Every JW knows that being thoroughly deceived is no excuse.
    Once the truth was introduced to you, you are not allowed to
    use deception as an excuse. Those apostates are thoroughly
    confused about the truth. They are evil. Satan got to them.
    They were thoroughly deceived by Satan, too bad for them.
    If Satan gets to you, death and destruction.

Eve got death and destruction, according to that.

End of story.

• Kudra
    Kudra

We women are "kept safe" through childbearing meaning that the only way we can save our sorry asses is to produce children. only THEN are we worth anything.

:)

I LOVE it.

• flipper
    flipper

My interpretation of it is , if she had not procreated with Adam, then we would have no sin and imperfection. Since she was tempted by that bastard snake , she should have ran off with him and procreated , then we wouldn't have human imperfection ! Wait a minute, maybe she did ! Have you heard of the reptilian people reported around ? LOL! Sorry, couldn't resist, I listen to that night time show , " Coast to Coast " and they talk about reptilians among us today that are human ! Didn't mean to hijack a serious thread . But as far as your question of whether she will be resurrected? Of course ! Why not ? She'll just have scales, that's all ! Oops

• sspo
    sspo

Did she even exist?

• free2beme
    free2beme

Eve had her chance and played her role in making sure all woman would be looked down as weak and deserving of pain for generation after generation.

• yknot
    yknot

Did yall ever realize that she wasn't called Eve until after the garden.

How long was she there before all of the "fruit" business began.

Since JWs do not believe in evolution she would have had to be on a 28-32 cycle. And it is thought that usually ovulation occurs sometimes during the second week ( varies women to women).

MM let me see, she wasn't there long enough to acquire a first name, nor there long enough to get pregnant........

Ballpark guess, she wasn't in the garden for more then 2 weeks maybe less.

I wonder how this figures in too?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit