They will take every opportunity

by crazy 11 Replies latest jw friends

• crazy
    crazy

I thought this was funny. My son's dad (we are not together but on good terms) is a coach driver. He has just taken a group of JWs on an outing to London. He said they were friendly and they gave him a good tip, but they also gave him a copy of the "What does the Bible really teach?" book. I am sure he will have lots of fun reading it! Apparently, they were impressed with his service and said they will be asking for him specifically for their next trip. They just never miss an opportunity to hand out the literature.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They do take every opportunity, but usually not a whole book to someone who's shown no interest.
    They need to retrain that JW to start with a tract or brochure to keep costs down until that guy
    shows some interest. OH- unless the JW paid for the book by donations, then it's okay.

My wife always leaves a tract for the housekeeper on the last day when we stay in a hotel.
    Typically, she doesn't realize that she is ashamed to leave it the first day, because the staff will
    know she's a JW, then.

• yknot
    yknot

Wow, literature and a "FORCED" return visit.

• restrangled
    restrangled

I say wow that he received a real tip. They use to just leave literature for any person in any situation!

r.

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester

He should take a vacation or sick leave the day of the next jw trip.

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

Request HIM for their next outing? yeah right....only to consider him a "Return Visit" and then the next move will be to get his home address and start a Bible brainwashing study. Poor guy. Say your prayers that he finds a new job before that all happens.

LINDA

• Gopher
    Gopher

I'm a little surprised they gave the driver a good tip. (JW's are different than canoes -- how? Canoes are more likely to tip.)

I suspect an ulterior motive for the tip. I think they wanted to impress this driver (love bomb him) into believing they were generous, making it more likely he'd take literature and take them on future trips, study and even become a JW.

• brinjen
    brinjen

You can just picture them on the platform at the next sales service meeting excited about their new return visit.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Here is where planning comes in handy. Instead of the Bible Teach book, come with a copy of Crisis of Conscience. Two copies would be even better. That way, when he pulls out his book, you pull out yours. I bet that will be the last time that Witless will try to call on you.

• brinjen
    brinjen
    Instead of the Bible Teach book, come with a copy of Crisis of Conscience.

Maybe even offer to 'study' CoC with them?

(note to self, if witlesses ever stop at my door again...)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit