Even NEWER LIGHT on Generation doctrine???

by integ 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

willy, i have very close feelings for that pink gorilla, as he was one of the things that finally disgusted me enough to cut ties with this A-Hole cult. never could swallow it..........if it takes that much convoluted explaination, then it was a smokescreen anyways.........never have looked back or regretted my decision.........

• done4good
    done4good
    This leads me to wonder why they did the 1995 change the way they did.
    Did they think it had to be some inbetween garbage before the rank and file would
    accept the final change years later? Kind of like- "Let's confuse everybody, so they
    don't know how to react, then leave it for 12 or more years, then finally give them
    something new that they can say is at least easier to understand than the previous
    new understanding. They will forget all about examining how ridiculous the whole
    thing is. Besides, by then we can open the door for more anointed. If we do that
    now, they might examine our reasons."

Bingo! Talk about a bunch of evil manipulative spin doctors...

j

• metatron
    metatron

Funny how there doesn't seem to be any attempt to identify "this generation" from the Bible.

While these elderly frauds toss ideas into the air, Jesus clearly identified "this generation" as the

people of his day who rejected his message. It doesn't take any more effort than opening up

a concordance.

metatron

• Gopher
    Gopher

I don't think they had this newer change planned out back in 1995 when they revealed their current interpretation.

It's just that the 1995 interpretation wasn't flying, either among thinking JW's and especially not among us pesky critics who pointed out that hte teaching is very hollow.

I think they had enough pressure that they finally caved in and went with the more flexible "the anointed = the generation" approach. It's one they won't need to change again.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Here's the original post about the "new" generation teaching:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/143678/1.ashx

I also think its funny that JWs won't hear about it until January. Imagine if Aramgeddon started today. JWs wouldn't know it until after Christmas!

• TD
    TD

What amuses me about this change is how quickly the "Generation" can go from being "Bad" people to being "Good" people

Consider the three explanations:

A: Pre 1995 - That generation are all those who saw the commencement of the composite sign in 1914 (Regardless of age)

B: Post 1995 - That generation are the wicked ones contermporaneous with the sign who take no note and thus perish (Pass away) at armageddon.

C: Rumored 2008 - That generation are the righteous ones with the heavenly hope from Jesus' time until now.

A 180 degree swing on exactly what people this "Generation" is composed of is not a "Minor change" or "Small refinement."

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

Actually TD its a 360 degree turn.

Its a return to old old light from the 20's.

• V
    V

This video discusses it...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit