Words can hurt - Stupid me!

by JK666 15 Replies latest jw friends

• JK666
    JK666

Hello everybody,

In the past week, I inadvertantly made a snide comment to someone new here on this board. I sometimes can come across more abrasive than I think I am. I would like to apologize to anyone else that I may have offended here over the years. I replied to the individual by PM.

Let's all be a little more careful how we treat people on these boards. I certainly never want to cause someone to leave here just because I am having a bad week.

By the way, this does not apply to trolls or mean people, they will still get both barrells.

Sincerely,

JK

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

I think you need to start with yourself! Try to be good to yourself, I think your having one of those weeks! One where you wished it would end faster. I think you doing just great with this board and members. I believe that you would not say anything to anyone on here to hurth them and that says something about your character! so heres a

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

one way or another this week really sucks for a lot of people. Really sad bad stuff is happening. It's nice of you to apologize, we could all do more of that, but also be kind to yourself. I feel right now as if we should all link arms and form a human life raft and hang on to each other really tightly.

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle

I admire you for taking the initiative in apologizing. I suffer from the tasty foot disease and I'm always sticking it into my mouth to see what flavor it is. Try not to knock yourself down about it if you can, which is sometimes easier said than done, I know.

Chris

• snowbird
    snowbird

I've always admired and respected you, JK.

That admiration and respect have just been kicked up a notch. It takes a REAL man to admit his misstep and apologize for it.

You're something else, Brother Man.

Sylvia

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

Wise words.....

V

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

just thought this was cute.

lisa

• *summer*
    *summer*

First, someone should never refer to herself/himself as stupid. We all often do or say things we don't mean. It does not mean we are stupid. It only means we are human beings. Some people learn from their mistakes. Some people don't.

In your case, it was very thoughtful and very considerate to send a PM to the person you thought you offended. On the other hand, a public forum is a place we should all expect a clash of opinions once in a while. I know the very minute I registered to this forum, a troll {no idea what the heck it was at the time} gave me a hard time and made me run away. But a few considerate PMs and posts {you were one of them} made me stay. And I am glad I did.

Don't beat yourself up. Move right along. Life is good

• flipper
    flipper

Jk, my bro. We are all human and say or do things we don't mean sometimes. But it takes a hell of a lot of maturity on a person's part to say I'm sorry, if they feel they were wrong. You are a tremendous asset on this board and contribute to the good of many people here, including myself ! You are a mature person like that, and I feel privileged to get to know you man. Hope you have a good day

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

To: Lisavegas!

That's a cute pic. Does that mean words can hurt us? Yepp! So I'm with JK too, we all need to continue to be considerate. I too hope I never say anything bad. If I ever do....never hesitate to tell me to shut-up!

LINDA

JK, you're forgiven...but only this one time!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit