Another RUINED Puff Piece

by DannyHaszard 25 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is what they don't tell you:

(1) The workmanship is shoddy. True, the damn thing goes up in a weekend or two. But they are flimsy. Workmanship is poor. They take shortcuts to get the building up on schedule. Just watch and see how long it takes before the roof starts leaking, windows (if any) start getting drafty, or the climate control system conks out or goes berzonkers. I wonder if the constructions will last nearly as long as some of the slow-build halls of the past.

(2) Most of the actual work was done before. They pour a slab, often months before the building goes up. Much of the plumbing and incoming electrical is done at that phase.

(3) Prefab sections are often utilized. Even if the walls are done on sight, with 40 people working on a wall, it can be assembled (rather sloppily) in less than an hour. Simultaneously, they have other crews working on other walls and the roof trusses. I have seen home improvement shows, and given the number of people working on the hall at once, a weekend or two sounds about right.

(4) Who's going to pay for it when the congregation dwindles? I have heard threads on this board where congregations have been in a pickle because they do not have enough funds. Window washers can only give so much, and that is often not enough. And, if most of the congregation goes apostate, there is not going to be nearly enough money to pay those mortgages.

• moshe
    moshe

A quick-build is a very inefficient way to build a KH. When you add up the imputed cost of all the volunteer labor at even the minimum wage, then it is obvious using a contractor is cheaper. While the labor appears to be free, it is costing the individual his time and money/gasoline to volunteer- same as going door to door. How much do you think those hand delivered Watchtower magazines really cost when the Witnesses', time, gasoline, car depreciation, etc. are added in- $20 a Watchtower?

added- i added my 2cents worth a couple days ago - JW's must hate all this negative publicity. They never refute the false dates, either.

• hubert
    hubert

i love Brenda Lee

So do I Purps.

My wife and I read her book, which is absolutely excellent, she's a superb writer, and I just finished reading all her newsletters from 2006, and there was a book full of them, too. In fact, I am going to subscribe to her newsletters this week. There is so much useful info and advice, suggestions, stories, poems, you name it, it's all there. I loved them as much as the book, if not more. Thanks, Brenda, for your contributions to exposing this horrible cult.

And thanks, Danny, for your posts and determination. It's people like you (all) that will eventualy bring this cult to it's knees.

Hubert

• compound complex
    compound complex

bttt

Thanks Danny ... as one of the 'nice, hard-working people' who truly wanted to help my fellowman, I was, nevertheless, "dangerously misled." Wrong and hurtful information - though mixed with some good - cannot bear genuinely fine fruitage.

I believe that we're here for the duration ...

CoCo

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester

I sent this:

Having been born and raised a JW, I say bollocks on their building.

The "volunteers" are all brainwashed slaves, captivated by alluring promises of future paradise, accepting failed prophecies adjusted by "new light."It is really sad and annoying to see this waste of labor and time.

These "builds" are nothing more than a way to prop up a wealthy, cultish book publishing company, masquerading as a religion.

The volunteers have been duped, I am sorry to say, at the expense of their mental health and often at the expense of their families and friends outside their insular congregations.

If Jehovah is all they say they believe him to be, then he needs no witness and no kingdom hall.

• monophonic
    monophonic

you know, this is what makes this forum so great, that we can come together and bust up an uninformed journalist who was just trying to make his word count quota for the week...and he didn't realize he was treading on thin ice doing a fluff piece on a kingdom hall build.

seriously, the comments posted rule...and i added my 2 cents as well.

hopefully it'll save someone from being converted or make a current jw victim step out of their headspace and investigate the wtbts further.

bravo!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit