Scary Songs

by Clam 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Clam
    Clam

Did you have a song or tune that used to give you the creeps when you were a kid?

I used to hate Sparky's Magic Piano, while the theme from Dr.Who used to make me put my hands over my ears.

I've been trying to think of some more . . .

Clam

• lola28
    lola28

we're jehovahs witnesses...sorry too easy.

Lola

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

The song Satan by Orbital I think it was, back in about 1996. I wasn't completely freaked but it gave me a lump in my throat at the time. Now, it doesn't bother me at all because I broke free of the indoctrination.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hey Clam!

I hope this isn't too much of a stretch:

As a teen [is that still a kid?] I loved the tune but was guilted by the lyrics of "The Age of Aquarius." Was that sung by The Fifth Dimension? It was about this planet being in the house of yadda yadda, horoscopes and demons and expulsion from God's clean organi ...

Stop - get a hold of yourself! Something happened one day. The tune is followed by "Let the Sun Shine In" - the cleansing power of God's spirit! I realized then that Satan's tractor beam - his endeavor to yank me back into his old system of hard oppression - was seriously and forevermore disabled. The Sun shone in and freed me from excessive phobiac reactions to what was truly just an object lesson from God.

Does any of this make sense to you?

Strangely, after my epiphany, my album spontaneously combusted ...

CoCo

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

The song Stairway to Heaven creeped me out as a kid, only because of all the hype about playing it backwards.

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

"They're Coming To Take Me Away" - Lard

It's a side project with the guys from Ministry and Jello Biafra from the Dead Kennedy's. I heard this song on AM radio in the middle of the night driving thru Boise, ID on my way back from Oregon to my hometown. Creepy song + 2am + In the car by self = Scary

• Mrs. Witness
    Mrs. Witness

Hotel California. I must have been about 5 or 6 years old and had no clue what it was about, all I knew was that they talked about a "beast" and said "you can never leave".

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Here is some good fun...play the 6 or 7-minute long bowed guitar section from the Song Remains the Same version of "Dazed and Confused" through headphones while sitting alone at night in a dark room. Best if you happen to be 15 or younger. That's one creepy piece of music.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

The best ever is from Fantasia (Disney)

Toccata And Fugue In D Minor - (by Bach) Listen altListenalt

Also, "The House of the Rising Sun" is scary

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

Wasn't Tubular Bells supposed to be demon influenced too?

I haven't heard that in ages, time to look it up...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit