Were The Sisters Submissives or "Jezebels" In Your Hall?

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

In my experiences, I saw many women that really took a back seat to anything a "brother" had to say. I was always amazed as to how some sisters were sooooooooooooo submissive! They really stood out from the "Jezebel" types.

If you were a "sister", how were YOU treated and how did you respond?

If you were a "brother", did the "sisters" like you and get along with you?

• Scully
    Scully

Apparently, I was a Jezebel. The elders didn't like me when I stood up to them, and consequently it caused me to be thought of as Bad Association™.

One time, I had shared an experience with another Sister™ about how I had been treated badly by certain people in the congregation. She stopped speaking to me for a while, until I confronted her about it. She told me that I "had said bad things about the congregation" so she felt the need to scale back associating with me. I asked her, "So if something bad happens to me, and it involves someone in the congregation, are you saying that it's my fault that I was treated badly?" "Well, no, but..." "So you're saying that when someone does something bad, that talking about it makes me bad?" "Well, no, but..." "Are you saying that I don't have freedom of speech, and that saying things that are true makes me a bad person?" "Well, no, but..."

As long as I let people walk all over me and treat me like crap and didn't say a word about it, everything was just dandy. Except I was miserable. Once I started asserting myself and not tolerating crap from JWs, I was treated like I didn't exist. I was a Jezebel stirring up contentions in the congregation.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I had no trouble getting along with the "sisters" in the hall, probably because I didn't try ordering them around like the other guys did. Some of the "brothers" were of the opinion that I was too easy on my ex when we were together. Unlike them, I never felt the urge to chastise my spouse in front of others. I also didn't put up with them trying to order her around, and I made it clear it wasn't their place to tell her anything. As a result they thought she was "unsubmissive" and that I was completely under her control.

W

• calico
    calico

Wow! In showing respect to your wife, you were considered weak! Jeeeeez!

• oompa
    oompa

Well, no, but..."

this should be the name/avatar of many dubs here and in the future....oompa

• minimus
    minimus

Oompa, why are you taking a shot here??

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

minimus; another one of your intelligence of a BOWLING BALL questions. Where do you come up with this crap? the 3rd. grade elder school? You are the COMIC x jw on this board. I'm just memorized with your interlect.lol did you ever think of going for a brain scan? I know Mike Bloomberg has a school bus to pick up delusional attention getters like you. and take them to the funny farm from 9-5. I would gladly pay EXTRA TAXES to you presidental hopeful to see you finally earn your keep. MINIMUS THERAPY WITH GREAT MEDICATION IS ONLY A PHONE CALL AWAY. maybe Mike Bloomberg can make you a poster boy on the back of NYC BUSES. SO all people in NYC , WHAT A DOPE THE WT MAKES OUT OF SOME X JW. now that would be a treat. john mini you talk about a JEZABEL? LOOK IN THE MIRROR... your a JEZABEL FOR ATTENTION. MEDICATION WILL HELP THAT. JOHN

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I married my Jezebel.

• XOCO
    XOCO

in my hall it is pretty ethnic what i mean is haitian/black/african,. the sisters who were my age like 17-25. were submissive in a way (poineer,and give talks but all of us persused higher education). but allways did things so people won't notice or make them look conspicious but the matter of fact was that everyone notice i.e. hair clothing accessories, the way you talked to all the brothers and sister in the congo etc. Starting about 3 years until this point their has been about 5 disfellowships and 1 reproof (two were male). it was kind of sad because most of them were sex related and that is zero tolerance. In our hall the young sisters are like the prize posession in the hall and we are also looked at as example to those who are comming in the truth. long story short SUBMISSIVE SISTERS BY DAY JEZEBELS BY NIGHT!!!!!!

• minimus
    minimus

Johnny, speaking of 3rd grade, did you ever graduate? Your spelling skills are abysmal. (Look it up).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit