Anyone tried to get your congregation records?

by karter 23 Replies latest jw friends

• karter
    karter

Im curious as to what they say about me.

Any one tried and succeeded?

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

ROFL ours are so lost we aren't even sure where they are. Not even sure what province they are in.

• ibme
    ibme

Welcome to JWD

• fokyc
    fokyc

Welcome Karter,

YES, I used the UK Data Protection Act, sent my £10 with a very professional looking letter, they acknowledged by return but took the maximum time allowed before sending the information.

It was actually a great surprise as the PO had written a shocking letter about me to the London Branch.

It does work, make it good and put the frighteners on them.

fokyc

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

oh wow. i wish i could do that. (in US)..

Not to highjack the thread but i have quick question: Do they keep your card even when you DA?

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, they keep you cards even if you DA or are DF'd. That is how they are supposed to visit these people once a year per the WTS to see if they want to come back. I wonder if they get rid of them if people die though.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

They haven't visited me once since I DAed ... They should. I would enjoy the conversation.

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

I did ask once for my record card, although the secretary wasn't happy about it, I asked the other elders and they couldn't see anything wrong with the request, after all, its my record card, so I looked at it and tooks some notes. I was once assitant to the secretary and I had control of the record cards, there were some very old cards there from some JW's who i have never heard of at that time and some JW"s who stopped coming for many years, I do clearly reemember it being up to me if I wanted to keep these cards or throw them out, I decided to leave them there, it was the safer choice, in case someone did come back.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

The Lone Ranger,

As far as anybody trying to get back their record card, I am sure most of the information has been entered into somebody's computer somewhere, so I don't think it would make much of a difference if you got a card back because the info is elsewhere. You wouldn't even get an honest answer if they could tell you if it was elsewhere.

So, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

LHG

• melart
    melart

They keep records?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit