Heart broken yet again

by 4mylove 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• 4mylove
    4mylove

My husband asked me this morning, "Did your parents not want to do something with you yesterday since it was your birthday?"

My birthday is monday.

I told him this and he said he thought he had forgotten. I guess i should let it go because i know who i married, but it still hurts. When this time of year rolls around, halloween, thanksgiving, Christmas, Etc it sucks.

Thanks for listening guys.

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

at least he sort of remembered. If it was your BD and he did forget, *shameonhim* Don't be so heartbroken...at least he still has a chance to catch up!

LINDA

• 4mylove
    4mylove

He is inactive yet brainwashed.

• RebelWife
  • RebelWife
    RebelWife

Hugs to you! It sucks. Go out and buy yourself something really nice. There are a couple of things that I have thought about putting under the tree for myself, things that would be highly visible. When asked who they were from, I would say they were from someone special who loves me a lot. (Me, of course.) I haven't done that yet because I'm not sure if I'd end up feeling pathetic or not.

We had a huge fight about this and I told him I need fluff. If he won't do it for my birthday, etc., he'd damned well better do it "all year long" as they like to say. I even gave him a fluff list. And I tell him when it's fluff time if it's been too long. Of course, I do fluff for him, too. And I do cards and presents for his birthday and normal occasions.

My idea here is that, while I don't respect his beliefs, I do respect his right to have them. But I have mine, too. I won't expect him to give me cards, etc., and I will be gracious about it. On the other hand, I WILL give him cards & wrapped presents whenever I feel like it, and I expect him to be equally gracious about it. I won't deny his right to not gift me on specific days, but he's not going to deny me the right to gift him. Fair's fair.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

He's a man...dates aren't his forte. IF my Dad remembers and sends me flowers, I get them 5 days in advance. Be grateful he remembered at all.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Unfortunately that is the situation in a narrow minded and twisted cult even the most innocent of celebrations are demonised in order to create an emotional divide with the rest of society.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Why don't you try reminding him a week ahead of time? Remind him every day... "Getting close to my birthday, have you gotten me a present yet???" *huge grin*

I don't know what it is about men, if they forget dates because they don't care, because they don't think they are important, or because they don't realize how important remembering is to the women in their lives. Before you feel broken hearted about him forgetting, give him every opportunity to remember. If he still does nothing, then you can get mad at him and not feel guilty about it!

GGG

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

get a big frickin calendar and put it on the wall and write on it in huge a$$ sharpie........ wedding anniversary...... birthday............ ect

that way those of us who want to remember but forget can have no excuse lol.

i usually dont forget the date just the year............ hope my wife doesnt read this....... what year were we married again damn it......... OH YEAH write how many years lol that way you wont be pissed if the cake has a wrong number that we gotta blame on the grocery store who made it.............

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

oh and the self present shopping rules.......... its one of the few ways your garanteed not to get a hideous sweater or new book bag

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit