Are You Decorating Your House For Christmas This Year??

by Lady Liberty 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Friends,

As many of you may remember, last year our cute "frosty" was attacked and our home and car egged by JWs on New Years Eve. It's hard to believe another year has almost passed. When asked why did they do it, the dubs said they were mad because it appeared we were celebrating Christmas. Which we were, but from the outside we only had a "frosty". No real lights, just some little twinkle lights wrapped around two potted trees on either side of our door, and a wreath.

But this year.....LOOK OUT DUBS!! If you didn't like what we had last year, your going to hate what we have in store for this year!! Yes we are gearing up..purchased all our lights for the roof, and bushes. Purchased holographic candy cane lights for our walkway, two reindeer..one is animated, and plenty of garlands and wreaths for our windows, door and porch columns. Of course we repaired frosty, so he will return to our winter scene. Thinking of purchasing a "Happy Holidays" or "Merry Christmas" sign for the front of my house!!

Oh..cannot forget the wreath with a big red bow I will be putting back on my front bumper of my car. My husband wants one too this year!!

I am sure we will get the dub "drive bys" this year..,only they had better leave their eggs behind or we will prosecute them again!!

What are all of you planning?? This will be our first Christmas we will decorate outside. WE CAN NOT WAIT!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

YEPP! Got my first tree ever last year and it wasn't only fun to decorate it, but was even more fun to make sure the lights were on for all to see through my window. I did a lot of baking too. Finally. I celebrated my last Christmas back in 1969. But back then the tree was my parents. Now the tree is MINE!

LINDA

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

This will be my 2nd Christmas and I will be spending it alone

My Dad and Step-mom are going the Key West for the holidays and my love interest will be visiting his family in FL. But, I will be putting up a little tree in my living room and lights in the windows.

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

I might swaddle myself in tinsel and streak around the house to scare the roomies, but that's about all.

If I get really motivated I might actually put up some lights indoors.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Of course we'll be decorating! We usually don't do much decorating outside of the house because it's too friggin cold. The inside always looks quite festive. The only thing is we're wondering what to do about the Xmas tree, with the boy being so mobile this year. I was suggesting leaving the glass ornaments off the tree this year, but we'll see what we figure out.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233
    I might swaddle myself in tinsel and streak around the house to scare the roomies, but that's about all.

Hey BIGwilly, why don't you come and spend Christmas w/ me?!?!?!?!

• Gayle
    Gayle

Since '93. 'Twas the most beautiful Christmas for me and my kids!

• bigwilly
    bigwilly
    Hey BIGwilly, why don't you come and spend Christmas w/ me?!?!?!?!

With or without the tinsel?

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Already started outside-but first gotta get the spooks out of the way!

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23

Absolutely!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit