"The sole purpose" of the Society ...

by compound complex 23 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Good post, coco.

I think the purpose now is the same held by all organizations...

self-perpetuation, at all costs.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Not for me to judge anyone(s) motives or motive, even as the quote says "the road to hell is paved with good intentions"

However, the facts and the juror is in,

As Christ said you would be able to recognize those men by their fruitage, failed prophecies or "their interpretations" is better put, broken families, suicide driven by shunning to an unbilical degree, child molestation cases settled and many more on the books, hypocrisy to an unbelievable measure, immorality as any other religion has, judging the whole world of mankind and the job is better suited by God's appointed Son, building wealth beyond our comprehesion, meddling in others lives, distorting Biblical teachings on the "Good News" which is Christ died for us, not a kingdom centered around Kingdom heirs, going above the things written, the list goes on and on.

Dont know what they feel their purpose REALLY IS, but the fruitage speaks louder than words

"Show me a sermon, dont tell me one"

Respectfully

abr

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

The sole purpose is to preserve assets of the society.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, Never and Avid and Dorktac and Gopher and others who have posted [but whose names I've forgotten]:

Your participation and comments are much appreciated. You never know who might be reading and benefiting ...

Ray Franz has opened up a world of good and healing - little did he know.

CoCo

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Just like the other crooks at Oral Robertson University (who were caught with their hands in the cookie jar) and are once again in trouble, the sole purpose is to make money and control people (to make even more money).

I have often wondered why the Watchtower society refrains from television broadcasts. Is it because they have something to hide??

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

sorry--- Oral Roberts- spelling error.

• heathen
    heathen

I would think that WTBTS has a dim view of TV all together. Why you could channel surf and find TBN where all the apostate freaks are . I am waiting for the official ban on TV .

• compound complex
    compound complex

BTTT

Yes - "the sole purpose" now being self-perpetuation [or survival?].

Thank you, all ...

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Per VM44's request ........ BTTT

• VM44
    VM44

Thank you compound complex.

I always like to read about anything Fred Franz said or wrote.

He was in many ways the "theocratic spark" that made the Watchtower interesting.

The Watchtower has become somewhat dull in the last 25 or so years since Fred died.

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit