"Generation" - Just Making It Up?

by metatron 15 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

I think you have to wonder if the Watchtower Society has degenerated to the point where they don't

even bother to research the bilge they print and they just make up whatever gets them by.

What did Jesus mean by "this generation"? Anyone can read Matt. 12 : 41-45 and realize that he

was talking about the surrounding Jewish world that rejected him. It's very simple.

More than that, it makes sense that Jesus would contrast a large, common "generation" in Matt. 24

with a small, tested "elect" (or chosen).

Are these dolts really changing "this generation" to the "anointed"? Are they that dumb?

Or do they know that zombie, unthinking Witnesses are that dumb and none of it matters?

metatron

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

You could say that they've made just about everything they've ever
    believed up. This latest proposed change of understanding is merely
    another variation on a constantly - changing theme.

I wonder if this is another attempt to prove to their followers what they
    have long said - that the "truth" is progressive, and revealed gradually
    by jah when he knows his followers are ready for it?

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

did i miss a new understanding of generation recently? what magazine are we referring to here?

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

It hasn't been in a magazine yet, Metamorphosis. It was brought
    out at the watchtower's annual meeting last weekend, and discussed
    in this thread

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/143678/1.ashx

Here's what was said

after speaking to someone who went to the annual meeting..somehow "this generation" will solely apply to the annointed........and the annointed could in fact make it past the great tribulation.. the sense is the timespan for this system of things is NOW SHORTER! they also appeared to change the meaning of 3 of jesus illustrations... 1-the seed the falls in the soil 2-the leaven.. the other i cant rememember ....there is NO DATE given, during the "refinement" of light..... only that with this "refinement" we are closer to the end............ and that the Anointed are "this generation"..not mankind in general as was thought...
  • drew sagan
    drew sagan

The rank and file will believe whatever they need to in order to stay away from the very fearful idea that they could be wrong.

As long as the JWs continue to be affraid of the world around them, they will retreat to their own devices.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I think you have to wonder if the Watchtower Society has degenerated to the point where they don't

even bother to research the bilge they print and they just make up whatever gets them by.

I've thought this for a while now.

BB

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

Yep. Drew's got it:

As long as the JWs continue to be affraid of the world around them, they will retreat to their own devices.

That's why you can't reason with a JW. They're afraid of living in the world, so they condemn it instead. Logic doesn't work on fear; being afraid isn't something you can think your way through. People who are afraid want comfort. As long as the bOrg keeps reassuring them that they're right, nope, nothing wrong here--why, they'll just keep eating it up.

This is what, the third or fourth change in the meaning of "generation"? Arrgh.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Apparently admitting "we don't know" isn't an option.

• metatron
    metatron

I would add that their interpretation of Jesus' "coming" in 6 (?) different ways is further evidence that

they are just making things up as they go along.

metatron

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Has there been any confirmation of this yet?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit